He broke my leg

@Trensue (5256)
We hadn't been married long, and I knew he didn't sleep well. He would have dreams, talk and move around a lot. I rarely could understand what he was saying. Most of the time if he seemed restless, I just got up for awhile and waited for him to settle. This particular night he wrapped one leg around both my legs and was clearly screaming "Run, I've got him. Run as fast as you can." I was finally able to reach a glass of water on the nightstand and throw it on him. It's he first time I saw him cry. All he could say was "What have I done. I am so sorry." That was my first sign of trouble. It was not easy to make the people at the hospital understand what had happened.
Oh my goodness, this must have been a terrible moment for both of you.
@Trensue (5256)
It was the beginning of a very long struggle and there was so much to learn about me and him.
@Trensue I will come to your discussions to know more of your story.
He probably thought he was still in the army and you were the enemy.
@Trensue (5256)
I am sure you are correct looking back, when it happened I was just confused and terrified. I knew he was trying to protect me, but I didn't understand.
Wow how terrifying!!!
@Trensue (5256)
It was ~ and it was the very beginning. However I feel like the whole story is so important. I wish more people could understand instead of judge.
@sishy7 (27647)
As I mentioned on my response to your previous post about your story, I'm here to listen...
@Trensue (5256)
Thank you. It is important to be heard. In fact I think it is a basic human need.
@sishy7 (27647)
@Trensue You're welcome! I hope you'll continue with your story...
@Trensue Please know that I don't judge but I do pray. Have you talked about these kinds of things and how you will handle them as a couple?
@Trensue (5256)
Thanks for prayers. No matter what the situation prayers are always good. I am okay. I am telling others what happened so they will know that there are different things and ways to handle things and people should be supported and loved through the journey, even if you don't understand their choices.
@stbrians (15072)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Are you still with him? Run like mad. Run before he strungles you
@Trensue (5256)
Yes, I am still with him. I am not going to run. I am telling my story - You can read the first part of the story on my post "Judge Me Not" - I think it is an important one.
It is difficult for me to understand what happened based on what you wrote . . .
@Trensue (5256)
So ask me a question - or go read the posts before Judge Me Not and you may see the revelance.
@Trensue he broke your leg during one of his 'nightmares' then ?
@Jackalyn (6655)
• Oxford, England
Oh dear. I have a friend whose husband does odd stuff in his sleep. I think she gets very tired.
@kaka135 (14072)
That's scary! That's how he broke your leg? He seemed to be very stressful. I am sorry to hear that, and I agree with you sometimes it is hard to make others understand. Hope both of you are well now.
@pumpkinjam (5774)
I have seen that you've written more to this. I haven't read all of it but some. I'll just respond here by saying that I understand. My partner has done all sorts of things in his sleep. I know he'd never hurt me in real life but he was in the army and he has night terrors. Near the beginning of our relationship, he did something which scared me. He still feels guilt over it even now, two years later. He'd had a bad dream, and he wasn't used to sharing a bed. He also has seizures and he would end up squeezing at my face in his sleep. Now, he's used to me being there and he doesn't seem to have so many bad dreams. He just sits up in his sleep and falls off the bed.
@Jlyn10 (10825)
Sounds scary. I hope your leg has healed.