Great Weekend

This was just a wonderful weekend. My husband has tomorrow off as his workplace will be closed for the Family Day holiday. My workplace doesn't recognize that holiday as we get the Remembrance Day holiday in November. But it made for a more relaxing weekend. He doesn't have to leave again until tomorrow, and I don't have to work until noon, so that works for us both! I feel like we did a whole week's worth of living just from Friday night until now. I love weekends even more now-how was your weekend?
@PatZAnthony (13234)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Those who have weekends off and long weekends every once in a blue moon must really appreciate these.
I do not always get weekends off, but my husband does and that is when he comes home-he is staying at our son's place where it is a shorter commute to his new job. 40 more days until we move and will live 24/7 under the same roof. This is really difficult.
@PatZAnthony (13234)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Juliaacv Which part is difficult? Waiting the 40 days?
@PatZAnthony Him living an hour away from me for 5 days of the week, marriage wasn't designed to work that way. Its about the hardest thing we've ever done, but it shall pass.
It's a shame you have to go to work but the extra time together will be a real bonus. Enjoy!
Yes, thank you. Its been a great weekend, and we are about 1/3 of the way thru this you live here for 5 days and come home for 2 days business. Only 40 more days until we move-and they'll go quickly, so much to get done.
What a shame that you have to go to work, even if at least you have a free morning.
Its actually perfect timing, since he'll need to leave about that time also. I don't like being in the house alone immediately after he leaves, it is too lonely and I cry to much. I don't have any pets or anything to distract me.
@Juliaacv This week will go faster, as you were together today and he will be back in 4 days only.
@LadyDuck Yes, and I am off on Wednesday and will only work half days on both Thursday as well as Friday. I need a little down time, I am finding that I am working too hard on my days off and not getting the rest that I need. On Wednesday I am hoping to go and have coffee with my niece and a nice little visit in the afternoon. We're pretty close and there are some things that I don't want to pack, so I'll share them with her.
Pretty slow and boring...but I like it that way
How is The Scar's paw, do you think he is showing any signs that it might not be as bad as it was a couple of days ago?
@Juliaacv He still holds it up as he walks, but I saw him stretching and sharpening his claws a few times today, although not as vigorously as usual
@JolietJake Have you tried putting ice on it for a bit and then letting him outside? I wonder if he'd walk better, if the ice would help him.
It is nice that he gets the extra day. It would be nice if you had it too. We don't have it here in NB.
There are a couple of provinces out west that get it I believe. There are not a lot of workplaces that give it to you here either. Good Friday is our next stat holiday, and I believe that everyone gets that one off.
@Juliaacv Yes counting down the days for that long weekend..lol
@Happy2BeMe Myself, I'm counting down the days until March 31st when we move....its 39 days today!
At least you get to spend a little more time together. I have to work tomorrow.
I'm working also, but I have the morning off. It was such a great weekend. Next Sunday is his birthday, so I'll have to come up with something fun to do for that!
@Juliaacv I'm sure you will think of something great!
@Susan2015 I don't know, he could use a new sweatshirt, but its just another thing that I'll have to pack........we'll probably go out for a nice supper, that much I know for sure.
@katsmeow1213 (29044)
We had a very nice weekend. I also get today off because it is President's day, a day to celebrate the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln's birthday was last week, washington's is 2 days from now.. but they choose a Monday round this time to celebrate them both, which works fine for me! Hubby has to work, he only gets really big holidays off, like Christmas and New Year.
I hope that you had a wonderful day-cannot imagine otherwise given it was a holiday for you!
@Juliaacv Having a paid day off is always wonderful! We got hair cuts, I colored my hair, and I watched a movie. Overall not a bad way to spend a day!
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Pleased you enjoyed the weekend and have some extra time with hubby. I saw my grandson yesterday and he's improved a lot. Today hubby and I went to the coast.
I'm glad that Charlie has improved, hopefully that will be the last of that and now he can enjoy just being a cute little boy.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@Juliaacv Thank you, he was certainly full of beans when I spoke to him on the phone this morning.
Glad to hear you had a good weekend, my day did not start out great, but is improving.
Sorry to hear that, I hope that it ends on a better note.
@rina110383 (24065)
Not good. I had stomach flu last Saturday & Sunday. I still feel bloated today but I have to work.
Oh no, I hope that you get over that nasty flu bug.
@ilocosboy (40105)
That's great, let's hope we still have great weekdays this week.
Yes, that's right.