No Sunblock

I've heard nothing but how mild it has been in the USA for the usually cold winter days of February. It has been just as mild in my home state of Connecticut. Doodles, the cat, took advantage of the lovely mild weather, too. Doodles loves to go outdoors. Doodles loves to nap in the sun. Doodles fell asleep on his blue blanket for almost two hours on my son's back deck, a short walk to the beach. I used my sunblock today in sunny Florida. Doodles did not.
@Gillygirl (15290)
• Sutton, England
My cats both have white ears and need sun block when the sun is strong otherwise they burn. Doodles is a cutie.
I could see white ears burning. Thank you. I'm going to gobble Doodles up the moment I see him.
@Gillygirl (15290)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN I bet you will as I know how much you miss him.
@Gillygirl I adore that boy! At least I have Orville the osprey down here, but he won't let me hold and kiss him. Lol!
• Riga, Latvia
Doodles is adorable. Your smart to use sunblock in Florida. I do have to say that as the weather gets milder many people make the mistake of not using sunblock as the sun warms up because the first day exposures can cause bad burns. At least Doodles and my cat Sid and other cats don't have to worry about that.
Thank you. I'm positive Sid and Doodles know just how much sun to take. Lol! The sun gives us Vitamin D, so I wait a little over 10 minutes before putting sunblock on, but always wear heavy duty on my face. I get burned just watering my few plants outside.
I wear sunblock more than not.
Everyone should.
Lucky Doodles. I would like that kind of weather when there is no need for sunblock but that isn't so cold as well.
It's been pretty warm back home where my son lives. Everyone took advantage of the nice weather. Where I am, it's been nice and hot with a gentle breeze.
@DianneN that sounds like a lovely weather from.where you are.
@nottoooldtowrite It is beautiful here in South Florida every single day.. That is why we come here for the entire winter.
@zarlamain (23947)
Seems like Doodles is really enjoying the weather! Way to go on the sunblock!
Thank you! He really should use sunblock on his white spots. Lol!
@zarlamain (23947)
@DianneN Your welcome! So funny!
I think Doodles should use a sunblock. He is too tanned already
Lol! Looks like he missed a few spots, though.
They sometimes put sunblock on the noses of grey horses here. It wasn't necessary once but the UV is much more intense now.
I can see how important that would be.
Very cool cat.
I love that boy!
Awesome shot of Doodles, it really shows how handsome he is. I get the feeling that pretty soon everyone will be complaining about the heat .... well almost everyone, I like it cuz then Ally and I can play with the water from the outdoor hose.
Thank you! He's my precious boy. I am so looking forward to kissing and hugging him to smitherines when I get home. Lots of complainers. I love the heat, but not the humidity. It's been nice and hot down here. We broke a record and hit 88 on Saturday. I walked about with a sweater thrown over my shoulders.
Ohhh, as far as humidity and heat combined is concerned they can keep it, we usually don't get much humidity here @DianneN
@rebelann Count your blessings. It's oppressive!
@LeaPea2417 (15404)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is nice that your cat enjoyed the weather like he did.
He is a pip of a cat. Thanks!
He's got an interesting look on his face - an I dare you, look. Like you better not move me, I'm happy right where I am, look.
Yes, Doodles does not like to be disturbed or moved when he's enjoying himself. See those claws???
@DianneN On closer inspection of the picture, I do see those claws. He's there for the duration.
@just4him Lol! So sorry I took so long to respond. My notifications disappeared from my iPad, which I use to myLot.
No sunblock for me, it's gloomy and boring :)
I am much fairer than you. I follow my doctor's orders.
@DianneN Hehe I do apply sunblock for my face moisturizer :) But I am not seeing the sun today.
@infatuatedbby Are you still having rain there????
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Doodles is looking very pleased with himself, Dianne. Good that you are wearing sunblock, mild winter and all, the sun is so dangerous @DianneN , lovely and toasty but dangerous.
Yes, the sun is so harmful and dangerous. However, it does give us important Vitamin D. When I go to the pool or beach here, I don't put sunblock on for 10-15 minutes.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , I never considered to wait that 10-15 minutes! I will now. A bit of Vitamin D and then, block.
@bluesa And you don't burn, although my dermatologist may not agree it's the best thing. Lol!
I will soon have to break out the sunblock. Thursday will be near 60 and with that the need for sunblock. No summer clothing yet though. Still too chilly for that. And, we have a lot of snow leftover from the last 2 storms. Hopefully this week of warmer temps will melt it away.
So sorry I took so long to respond. My notifications disappeared! I heard about your crazy weather. Soon enough, it will officially be Spring!
@DianneN I am getting antsy waiting for it to arrive!
@ElusiveButterfly I remember that feeling very well. Lol!
@katsmeow1213 (28938)
Although we're having nice weather, I'm still dreaming of Myrtle Beach!
And I'm still happy I'm in Florida!
@DianneN Well this weather is nice... but it's not good for much. We still have snow as we just had a huge storm.. and if the snow were melted it would be all mud. So, you can go for a walk down the road.. but not much else. Kids still need boots and snow pants to play outside.
@katsmeow1213 I know what you mean. One month from today it will be spring!
It has been warm here too. Both Willy and the young black kitten have been outside all day in the sun. When Willy came to me to play it was pleasantly warm, a great feet warmer.
Kitties do love the sun and make wonderful foot warmers. I will get my Doodles back one month from today!
@DianneN You will be both happy to meet again, I am sure.
@LadyDuck Thank you. I know he got so excited to hear my voice a couple of days ago. He rubbed his face on my son's phone. So sorry it took me so long to respond to you.
@FayeHazel (11811)
I love the mild weather. I am fine if spring comes early. Doodles is a beautiful cat
I'm a warm hearted girl and relish sunshine and warmth. I know that it will still be too cold for me when we return home in April. However, that's when I get to see my Doodles. I miss him so much!
@FayeHazel (11811)
@DianneN I'm sure he will be delighted to see you too. Pretty boy that he is.
@FayeHazel He does love his grammy, but he loves his daddy more. I can't wait to kiss that fat beast!
He seem angry with you because yo disturbed his sleep. It is really so nice to soak in the sun , when it's just 6:00 -8:00 in the morning. But after that it;s not anymore for me.
I know. You want to stay pretty and fair.
@DianneN And i guess you are the same with me on that.
What a handsome boy
He's my boy! I will get him for 8 months when we get home. I can't wait to squeeze, hug, and kiss him to pieces.
@DianneN awwwwwww he is going to love every moment of it!!
@syeow1 (4876)
Oh it looks great..
Thanks!
@syeow1 (4876)
@DianneN my pleasure