She Is A Warrior!

photo I took of my Mom
@bluesa (13421)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, there she is, my Mom. I took this photo of her last week Wednesday, before her appointment at the doctor. To me, she looks amazing! She is 72 years old and last August was lying in ICU with loads of pipes down her throat. She had congestive heart failure twice, her one lung is badly damaged. She has gone through a mini hysterectomy recently, and look at that sparkle still in her eyes. She struggles to breathe every day, but is a fighter, to me, she is a Warrior, going into battle against her lungs each day, fighting to regain her health and strength! To say I am proud of her is such an understatement! We are still waiting for answers from tests taken last week. Till we get those answers we will keep fighting for her to get healthy! Do you know someone you consider a Warrior? Have you fought against something and consider yourself a Warrior? To anyone out there battling something every day. Keep being a Warrior. Have a great week all.
You are right, she is a beautiful women and she surely is a warrior. I consider my mother a warrior, she had stomach cancer when she was 75, she had surgery, her stomach was almost fully removed and she is now 96 and healthy.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Anna, that is amazing! To survive stomach cancer! Your Mom is definitely also a Warrior @LadyDuck !
@bluesa Let's hope to get something from them. I hope that your mother can be fine.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck , yes, I hope we have that fighting spirit too. Thank you so much. I wish your Mom continued good health.
@ridingbet (52622)
i consider myself a warrior too, and this is also confirmed by my cardiologist. i am a warrior because even though i have a heart ailment, i still stand up, have my tiring job, work at home, but i consider my heart to be as precious as my life now. sometimes (like today), i fel exhausted doing the chores at home, but i do it with God's love and inspiration from my son. yes, i am a warrior, as opposed to my sister, who is a worrier (according to my cardiologist)
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , yes, you are a warrior! The work you do is important and must drain you, but you continue. You must take care of your heart though. Haha, I am sometimes a "worrier" too, like your sister ;)
@ridingbet (52622)
@bluesa yes i think you are also a worrier because of your mother, who is a warrior. i hope you relax sometime my friend. it is not good if your health fails when you worry much about your mom.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet , I am trying to be less of a worrier, because you are right, it can lead to ill health, but it is tough to not worry.
• Pamplona, Spain
She looks so wonderful in that photo. She is a Warrior indeed. I can bet you are really proud of her.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@lovinangelsinstead21, thank you. Yes, she inspires and motivates me.
• Pamplona, Spain
@bluesa Yes, she would me too. All best wishes for her and to keep going strong like she is now.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@lovinangelsinstead21 , many thanks :)
Working in healthcare, I see this more often than most. One client that I have recently been assigned to is in the end stages of COPD. She uses oxygen 27/7. She has come to terms with the fact that she is slowly dying. But, she greets each day with a smile. We have wonderful conversations at each visit. Your mother is such a beautiful woman. You can see her from her smile that she is one that will never give up the battle. Big hugs to you and to her as well.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ElusiveButterfly , thank you so much. She also has COPD and so I know that every day is going to be a battle, because there is no cure for COPD. We will take what time is left and make each day count, they are basically looking for ways to assist her breathing now. Your client is a warrior too and doing the work you do, well, you are a warrior in my eyes. Big hugs back to you.
@bluesa I am blessed with knowing these wonderful people.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@salonga (27993)
You have a beautiful Mom, she looks like a famous local actress here. I pray God will give her more strength to carry through. We all have to be warriors because this life is war zone, we battle with sickness, with problems, trials and so many more.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@salonga , thank you, I will tell her that :). Yes, wise words from you, we all do have to be warriors, when it is called for, because sometimes life is indeed a war zone. I send you hugs in case you need them. :)
@salonga (27993)
Your mom is beautiful and very strong. After all the she has been through her eyes still sparkle and she has such a beautiful smile. I hope she gets good results on her tests. My mom was my warrior. She never let life get her down. When things got tough mom got tougher. She was a fighter and she was a strong, independent woman who raised me to be the same. Sadly she passed away three years ago at the age of 83 but she fought until the end. If I can be half the woman she was I will be happy!!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Happy2BeMe , thank you. Your Mom sounds like one truly amazing lady! I am sorry for your loss. I believe she lives on strongly in you.
@bluesa Thank you!
@Freelanzer (8912)
She looks great. My mother is a a warrior too. With you by her side I am sure your mom will continue to be a warrior.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Freelanzer , thank you :) . I'm sure your Mom will continue to be a warrior too.
I hope she continues to stay strong and she gets promising test results.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you so much @shaggin ! :)
@suziecat7 (3399)
• Asheville, North Carolina
Good for her. It takes strength and a good attitude to come out on top. You can tell she has both.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@suziecat7, thanks! She is one determined lady. :)
Never give up . I hope your mother wins this battle.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Kandae11 , thank you, we are determined to do all we have to, to make sure she gets stronger each day.
Your mom is not only a warrior, but a beautiful woman as well. She is a very strong woman to have gone through all she has had to go through since last May, and keep that sparkle in her eyes. I hope the test results come in soon to help the doctors find the best treatments for her. Thanks for sharing her beautiful face with us. Give her a kiss on the cheek for me, too! Sorry to say that we have no warriors that won any battles in our family.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Dianne, thank you so much. I will give her a kiss on the cheek from you. I am sorry there are battles that are lost @DianneN , they break the heart.
@bluesa Tell your mom it's from me! I intend to meet her one day when we visit you! In our family, all battles have been lost, but not from lack of fighting hard. Just our luck.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN , I will! I wish every warrior could win every battle. You, by the way, are a Warrior for your husband and kids, you fight their battles with them.xoxo
@garymarsh6 (14039)
I come across people such as your mum every day of the week and I admire their guts and determination to get well. Good luck to her and I hope that she manages to regain good health! She is looking pretty well! She has a loving daughter looking out for her so that is a great help!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, Gary :) . I can only imagine. You have to have a warrior in you too to do the work you do. Thank you, she has COPD so we are taking it a day at a time now. Thank you for such a lovely compliment @garymarsh6 , I wish you a wonderful weekend! :)
@garymarsh6 (14039)
@bluesa Yes but remember most importantly to look after yourself otherwise you won't much use to man woman or beast! Have a great weekend. Make every moment you have with your mum. I wish I could turn the clock back but that won't ever happen for me.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@garymarsh6 , thank you Gary, I will. I am trying to de-stress a little today with music. I wish you could turn back the clock too. Have a great weekend.
@theBlock (2625)
@bluesa Oh,,,Cathy--your-mom-is-definitely-a-Warrior!...I'm-sure-she'll-get-well-soon....She-reiminds-me-of-my-mom-who-always-used-to-tell-me,,"Fight,,,Boy,,,Fight"...Lol!...I'm-sending-lots-of-warmth-and-positive-vibes-to-your-mom!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi there, Tim. She is, I can't believe all that has happened to her. From what you have told me about your Mom, she was a delightful, no nonsense, loving, strong lady :) . Thank you for the warm positive vibes you are sending @theBlock . Have a good weekend.
@theBlock (2625)
@bluesa Cheers-to-our-mommas!
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@theBlock , Cheers to our mommas! :)
The way you are describing your Mom, she sure sounds like a real warrior. All my best wishes to her.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you @marlina . She amazes me each day.
@bluesa And with good reasons!
@marsha32 (6693)
Such a great post about your mother! She does sounds like a warrior. My mother is 69 and I'm just off the phone with her...and I yelled at her...sad to say...she is so negative about everything and always thinks the worst. My son's girlfriend wasn't back from her meeting and she wanted me to look online to see if she had been arrested! OMG mother stop always thinking negatively! (Sorry for the rant) She just called me back to tell me that the meeting had run late and she was home now.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@marsha32 , thank you. I am sorry your Mom assumed your Sons girlfriend had been arrested because she was late getting home. I can understand you being upset by that. I am happy that it was just the meeting that ran late.
She is a beautiful warrior and she has a dedicated champion in her beautiful daughter.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you so much @BelleStarr
@PainsOnSlate (20254)
I'm no warrior but I'm older than your mother. She looks lovely and I hope her health improves to make her life more comfortable. I am knocking on wood right now, I have always been healthy.
@bluesa (13421)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@PainsOnSlate . Staying strong through loss does make you a warrior. You are one fit lady with your art and camping and travelling keeping you young! :)