The History Of A Problem: What Is The Truth?

I want to start by saying that I respect all opinions even if I don't agree and I ask for the same. I wrote about a problem referenced in a speech by Trump over the weekend and was told that I used a 'Tabloid as my source. The problem is that any news outlet in today's world qualifies for such a designation in some way. Yes I only referenced one source but here I have shared a pintrest page created to share videos supporting what I was saying. The media represented include: A refugee, PBS, BBC and CNB. All share the problems which are being down played in Sweden. Some will say I chose biased media outlets but the videos speak for themselves. Also I want to point out that the problem is not everywhere in Sweden just as the violence that many associate with America is not everywhere.
Find and save recipes, parenting hacks, style inspiration and other ideas to try.
Yes, I also did the research regarding Trump's statement regarding problems in Sweden. The videos do speak for themselves.
@Morleyhunt (19263)
My distrust of slanted reporting goes back many years. Two examples.....my father was on the jury for a murder trial.....when he later read the newspaper accounts of the trial coverage, he could not recognize the facts the reporter was presenting. My neighbours chicken barn burned down....we watched it...we had intimate knowledge of what had occurred. My husband actually helped him later in the evening get what restored to a neighbouring barn.e newspaper account mentioned several times that at least the neighbours pet zebra was saved.....he was never in any danger....he was housed in another barn at least 200 ft upwind of the fire. Anyone reading this article would believe that the zebra had been in great danger.
@topffer (36612)
• Colombo, Sri Lanka
Anyone can make a selective choice of news concerning only migrants. There is however something important lacking in this choice about migrants : hate crimes are increasing every year since 2010 in Sweden. Migrants can also be victims, and 68% of hate crimes reported in Sweden in 2015 were motivated by xenophobia/racism according to their official stats, and 8% more by Islamophobia. It is not specific to Sweden, as the last FBI statistics are telling that hate crimes against Muslims grew by 67% in the USA in 2015, and I would bet that a new record will be reached in 2016, as Trump's policy against Muslims encourages hate groups...
@topffer A government looking to justify it's actions will give numbers to do it. The FBI stats you refer to do not match the raw data gathered by them and is slanted. I'd go into details about how US government agencies do some things but because you have made up your mind it will make no difference. Government records show that the increase is parallel to the actions that feed the 'hate crimes' IE when increases in crime by immigrants happen the actions against them increase. Included in those statistics is the action of self defense in the a fore mentioned crimes, Police actions in apprehension and the acts of terrorism that are done against others from immigrant groups as well.
@topffer (36612)
• Colombo, Sri Lanka
@Berniezeitler I do not see why any country would cheat on these kind of data, but let's admit it. It does not change anything here : if it is slanted the same way every year, then the percentage increasing or decreasing is a valid reference. I do not know any study proving that the number of hate crimes is related to the number of crimes committed by immigrants. A distinction should be made between legal and illegal immigrants, but stats can be done only for legal immigrants...
@megatron777 (3773)
• Guam
I think the source of the reference material whether "tabloid" or not is besides the point and is immaterial and irrelevant to the subject/topic of discussion. There is no board of censor here I guess? I understand that you only cite the materials just to ignite the discussion or just to keep the ball rolling in a manner of speaking. And look what it did? It evokes divergent views and opinions which is good in and by itself. Whether or not the reaction from the readers is positive or negative, the point is that you had grab the readers attention and interest.
It is good to hear it right from the source Bernie. There are great alternatives to the traditional sources. It is clear that others feel passionately about issues concering migration and how it affects their own communities and countries. Your page is very well done and information is well presented. Very interesting the videos especially the Syrian refugees take on it. Happy Presidents Day