A most unusual weekend, recovery, dance performance, trivia weekend

@FayeHazel (11863)
Hi everyone! I have missed my MyLot friends and I hope you are all doing well. It has been a most unusual weekend. I ended up getting sick on top of recovering from being sick, so I spent about a week here - sleeping. Happily I report that I am feeling better now. During this time, just as I was recovering the second time - there was a dress rehearsal for a new dance group that I'm in, and a performance. I was on the mend, just weak. Happily I report that it went well - people truly are so nice. Straight from performance I went to my friend's house to play a 50 hour trivia marathon. This is held annually and this year was the 38th year. 50 hours straight - questions are asked on the local college radio station and teams scramble to give the correct answers for points by calling in. The prize is largely bragging rights - plus trophies for the top 3 teams. It is a big deal in the area. There is an after concert and an awards ceremony. It's mostly nerds. My team had 8 people playing at the most, 5 most of the time. The largest teams have hundreds of people. I didn't participate as much as I had years past - but I still had fun. We came in 48th out of 57 teams. Not bad being we are so small. So today I actually feel pretty well rested - and I am continuing to decontaminate and clean my place, of course with breaks for MyLot. How have you guys been? Video about Trivia Weekend :
Phones rang off the hook in Stewart Hall as student and community volunteers worked behind the scenes to answer calls and tally points for KVSC's annual triv...
That sounds really fun!
@FayeHazel (11863)
Trivia is awesome, it's food, drink (if you're so inclined), staying up late and researching arcane facts.... :-) You can play remotely by listening online - hint hint - I am sure we will need all the help we can get next year
@FayeHazel - Sounds fun. Keep me in mind!
@FayeHazel (11863)
@teamfreak16 Aw cool! :-)
You still managed to get a bit done , even though you were not feeling your best.
@FayeHazel (11863)
Thanks! I am happy that I pulled it off. Good health truly is a treasure.
@PainsOnSlate (19263)
I'm glad you are feeling better and the marathon sounds interesting. Do you take cat naps during the 50 hours or is it exciting to keep you awake?
@FayeHazel (11863)
Thanks! :-) Usually I stay up 4 or 5 AM before needing a nap. This year I slept more. Mine is a small team - the larger teams schedule when people sleep so they always have someone playing
@FayeHazel Very interesting and something I've never heard of before...
Glad you are not only feeling better, but that your team did so well! Kudos!
@FayeHazel (11863)
Thanks - I appreciate that.
@FayeHazel What kind of dancing do you do?
@Gillygirl (15297)
• Sutton, England
Well done to you and your team. I wondered where you were. Glad you are well rested now. I need my bed soon.
@FayeHazel (11863)
Aw thanks! I missed you guys too
@Gillygirl (15297)
• Sutton, England
Glad to hear you are feeling better, my whole family has gotten sick, except me and, Grandma some how avoided it so far.
@FayeHazel (11863)
I hope you and grandma keep avoiding whatever it is that's going around. Seems like there's a lot of people sick in this area - wonder if it's nation wide...?
@FayeHazel Yeah, my mom and, uncle were both sick for almost a month.
Wow, you have had an interesting time for want of a better word. The trivia challenge sounds fun.
@FayeHazel (11863)
The whole weekend felt kind of surreal - getting well plus all of the stuff going on
That trivia weekend sound like so much fun!!! Glad you were able to participate and are now on the mend.
@FayeHazel (11863)
Thanks - seems like things usually get really busy on "trivia" weekend.
• Eugene, Oregon
Doing fine here in Oregon except for so much rain. I like trivia a lot, my head is full of it, in fact.
Wow that sounds crazy that a trivia game could last so long. My boyfriend used to go play trivia at a local bar for years and his team won all the time. Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you were very sick if you slept that much!