Favorite Rock Songs of the 1970's series # 10- Iron Man.

Banks, Oregon
Before going on I just want to say, any of the remaining 10 songs could be # 1, but this is how it ended up and, with out further ado, coming in at # 10 on my favorite rock songs of the 1970's series is Iron Man, by Black Sabbath, it's one of the greatest heavy metal songs of all time and, also one of my favorite, it won a Grammy award 30 years later, for best heavy metal performance, was voted number 1 by VH1 in their 40 greatest metal songs list and, back in 72 was # 52 on the Billboard hot 100. Check out a sample of the lyrics below. Has he lost his mind? Can he see or is he blind? Can he walk at all, Or if he moves will he fall? Is he alive or dead. Has he thoughts within his head? We'll just pass him there. Why should we even care? He was turned to steel, In the great magnetic field. When he traveled time. For the future of mankind. Now the time is here. For Iron Man to spread fear. Vengeance from the grave. Kills the people he once saved. Some information verified at Wikipedia, the lyrics, the vocals and, the guitar all rock in this one, truly one of the greatest metal songs ever.
@crossbones27 (20779)
• Redlands, California
No, not iron man, I am foil man. Damn you Iron man. Love iron man and never mind what ever that was. i KNOW I was hacked. lol The song is great movies, not so much.
Me too Iron Man rocks, as far as superheroes I always preferred Super Man.
@Deepizzaguy (14556)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@TRBRocks420 The Man Of Steel is admired by old school hero admirers because he is kind and cares for mankind despite being an alien from Krypton.
@Deepizzaguy (14556)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Even though I am not a fan of Black Sabbath, the song "Iron Man" is one of my favorites. It make me appreciate heavy metal music.
Glad to hear you like this one. I don't like all of their songs, but do like this one and, always been a Ozzy fan.
Total classic. The Butthole Surfers once did a song called "No, I'm Iron Man" that was really funny.
I will have to give them a listen one of these days and, yes one of my favorite songs of all time.