JJ's Vinyl Madness Countdown #996

Do you have music that you used to listen to all the time and basically can't stand anymore? Rolling in at #996 is Meatloaf and his teenage angst filled 'Bat Out Of Hell'. Back in the late 70's you couldn't get away from 'Paradise By The Dashboard Light' and 'Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad'. They were everywhere. And then the world finally moved on. But I do still like the album jacket... Bonus to those that know what significance today's album has to one posted yesterday
Head to my profile for the full album This is the sixth track of Meat Loaf's album "Bat out of Hell: Revamped"
@mysdianait (64056)
Good morning! You are later today. Everything is ok I hope.
I was lacking in sleep so I ignored Scar as long as I could.
@mysdianait (64056)
@JolietJake Oh and about time you did that too!
I like Meatloaf, although I haven't listened to this in years. He couldn't really go wrong with Todd Rundgren and Jim Steinman on his side.
I've still never heard his very first album, Stoney and Meat Loaf
@JolietJake - Believe me, I don't remember ever hearing it before. If I did, I don't remember it.
@FourWalls (15155)
A 70's classic, for sure. Bonus: I think Meat Loaf sang with Ted for a while, didn't he?
Yep, on 1/2 of the 'Free For All' LP
@FourWalls (15155)
@JolietJake -- I would say when I doubt I whip it (the album) out to check...but I never owned anything by Uncle Ted. I do have Bat Out of Hell, though...still love "All Revved Up and No Place to Go."
I still can't figure out why you're listening to it if you can't stand it
I love the pain, it reminds me I am alive
@TheSojourner (17304)
Oh, so many memories! LOL
No, not really. I like Meatloaf. I guess there are some that I just like and don't have to listen to all of the time. Does that count?
@inertia4 (27713)
I think songs do get on our nerves being played too much. But there is always a time when we still want to hear them somewhere down the road. I remember that album like it was yesterday. He made a mint on that album and rightly so. It is was a great album. But I totally understand your way of thinking. I will tell you that I am now looking for a turntable again after many years. My son is getting into vinyl records and loves all the old rock music I grew up with. So, it would be more for him than me. But I wouldn't mind revisiting some old music myself for awhile.
That is cool album cover art. The 70s was the best period for cover art.
@Morleyhunt (20704)
I started working my way through my CD collection (I never listen to them) trying to decide keep or donate. I listened to the first.....hmmmm....my son inlaw would love this one (I don't), the next one was a keeper....the third was just noise (my personal opinion).... The fourth was a keeper.....now I'm back to audiobooks.
Good morning. Oh ya I think I wore that album out lol
Mine would be Wutang Clan's 'Triumph'. Going to have some meat loaf now for dinner!