What is the "best thing" that happened today?

@Drosophila (16713)
Ireland
My friend said "it's been raining and gray every day. And the best thing about it is that I won't get wrinkles in a hurry". That's the "best thing" that happened to her that day. What's yours?
I would say 'I woke up' but I really didn't want to.
Now I could not think of anything better.
@Drosophila (16713)
@JolietJake, how about now, its been an entire 24hrs?
@Drosophila Had some really good luck buying used albums yesterday. Found a couple I have had my eyes peeled for.
That I still live and didn't expire.
@Drosophila (16713)
Indeed, another day of possibility
Besides the obvious, I just finished a long, invigorating walk, had breakfast, and got a kiss from my hubby. Now to get ready for a busy and fun day. What's yours?
@Drosophila (16713)
these are great for sure :D I was able to pass an exam and got certified as an engineer/admin.
@Drosophila Ooooo! I am so proud of you! No wonder you are so busy! What will you do next???
@Drosophila (16713)
@DianneN hahah, erm probably get another certificate. :) moving up the ranks..
@TheSojourner (17454)
I love this. The best thing that happened to me today, thus far, is that I woke up. Another day of life!
@Drosophila (16713)
Agreed, another day to do the things we want to do
@corallevang I agree that today the best thing that happened to me is I awakened and Marty hamster was still up when I woke up, too. And another thing is thinking how Marty was in his exercise ball for 2 hours last night having a great time!
Best thing that happened to me today...I woke up, had my eye sight, my hearing, a house to live in...uh, I know that sounds really cheesy, and I'm easily pleased, but...these seem like very very good things to me;).
@Drosophila (16713)
It sure is good, having all the necessities taken care of is great.
The best thing that happened this morning was me seeing my family when I woke up this morning. My children and husband make me very happy. =)
@Drosophila (16713)
aww that's so very sweet. Your new baby looks divine. :)
@rusty2rusty (6769)
• Defiance, Ohio
My daughter finally calming down and not screaming. Instead she is reading to see what side effects my medicines can have or what foods can effect them.
@Drosophila (16713)
that is great news, she loves you very much
• Defiance, Ohio
@Drosophila Thank you. Yes she does. If she would take her mood stabilizer like the doctor prescribed we would have less days filled with her screaming.
@Drosophila (16713)
@rusty2rusty that's great
The best thing that happened to me was going to a chiropractor.
@Drosophila (16713)
Oh I need to go to one of them, really helps to loosen up some muscles.
@Ani_Elle (30)
My day hasn't really gotten started yet although I've been at work since before 7:30 am (though I'm only allowed to clock in at 7:30) all of the students are testing so that means I don't get to see the kids I tutor throughout the week and I should be lesson planning, only I completed that with in the first two hours of work. Its now 10:47am and since my supervisor doesn't have work for me and I have no ride home I get some free time! This also allows me to rest my poor injured foot, can't beat that! I'm supposed to stay off of it for 2 weeks but my job requires a lot of walking of which I did all day yesterday so this is really the best thing that's happened to me today.
@Drosophila (16713)
I hope your foot gets better soon
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I'm awake, I'm healthy and I'm about to enjoy a good breakfast...the day is young....the possibilities are endless. Hope your day is wonder filled.
@Drosophila (16713)
Thank you very much! A good breakfast is key :D
@rina110383 (24135)
The fact that I woke up healthy and so are my parents.
@Drosophila (16713)
Indeed, all our loved ones healthy.. amen to that
@Sreekala (22879)
I have to say 'nothing' best thing happened till the day. But some bad incidents happened instead. But still the day is left enough and hope anything best happens. Let's stay positive.
@Drosophila (16713)
indeed, sometimes, the best thing that happens on such a day is that "it has ended". Sufficient is each day the evil thereof.
Wow going back to the day this was posted, hmmmm, I remember the best thing that particular day was the snow was starting to melt after the HUGE snowstorm we had only 9 days before . . . meaning travel to and from work was not going to be as dangerous !
@Gabugs (1763)
The best thing that happened to me today is that my sweet granddaughter called us up @Drosphila