Things to carry when taking your dog to a veterinary hospital?

By RK
@ragikutty (2463)
Kerala, India
Its decided. We are taking our doggy to a nearby veterinary hospital this Friday. To give his yearly vaccination and to get his castration done. We are planning to take him in our own car. I have no idea what all I should be taking other than his leash and a towel/bed sheet to keep the car seat clean. Can any of you help me with this?
What you are taking sounds fine to me. What about paper towels and bags in case you need to scoop up anything if he goes the bathroom while you are out.
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
Okay. Will he be able to walk and all after the castration surgery?
@ragikutty I have no idea about that sorry. I wasn't sure why he was going to the vets.
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
@shaggin oh. His yearly anti rabies as well as another shot is due this month. And we are also planning to get him castrated as his hormonal stuff is driving us both crazy
• Peoria, Arizona
You really do not have to bring much, if it is a long car ride, then maybe some water if he is allowed to drink. Most people just pop the dog in and go haha
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
Just few kilometers ride. Within half an hour. Don't know if he will be allowed to drink water after the surgery.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ragikutty Perhaps just a toy then to make him happy after the surgery is done even though he will probably be very sleepy haha
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
@DesirousDreamer I am worried how he will react once he know what we did to him
@syeow1 (4876)
that is your dog.you are his best friend.you know better what he need then why you share this,,
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
No idea. If he is at home none knows his needs better than me. But I am taking him to a veterinary hospital, that too for a surgery. I have no idea what I might need. Thought of getting opinions from others who take their pets to hospitals
@syeow1 (4876)
@ragikutty OK OK OK....So when is his surgery..
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
@syeow1 We are taking him to hospital tomorrow morning.Hoping doctors will be ready to do the surgery.
I think the items you are taking are sufficient. Maybe a few old rags to wipe up any messes that may result if he has an adverse reaction to the surgery on the way home.
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
Oh! Like he will throw up or something? I am really worried now.
@ragikutty That is rare, but a rag or two just in case may be a good idea.
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
@Corbin5 I didn't give him any food or water 1 hour before the car ride. He didn't like having AC on, we liked it with windows down