Interesting Discussions

I thought I would stop in here at myLot and take a look at the different categories for discussions. I clicked on "Interesting Discussion". There were none. I wonder what would make a discussion interesting enough to be put into that category?
@Mike197602 (13486)
• Worcester, England
Interesting discussions is a personal thing. The tab is different for everyone as it relates to the tags you have used on your own discussions and (maybe, as I'm not 100% on this) the tags on the discussions you have responded to. I'm very surprised no discussions came up for you....do you tag your own discussions?
Yep, she's tagged for years
Thanks for the bit of explanation there, Mike. I didn't realize it was based on my own discussions. It's been several months since I was last here so that could be a reason.
@Mike197602 (13486)
• Worcester, England
@bluerubymoon53 could be that...JJ isn't sure of the reason and he knows a lot more than me Maybe if you become more active it'll sort itself out
@averygirl72 (12498)
I also don't know how it is pick. Some of interesting discussions stays there for a long time.
@Mike197602 (13486)
• Worcester, England
They stay there because they relate to the tags you use on your discussions.
@averygirl72 (12498)
@Mike197602 They relate to the tags. It should be related to what?
@Mike197602 (13486)
• Worcester, England
@averygirl72 Interesting discussions relate to the tags you have used on your discussions and the tags used on the discussions you have responded to, That is all interested discussions relate to.
Hey there, Ratcliffe here. Odd there would be no discussions...those should be based on tags you have used yourself and tags on discussions you have responded too...maybe it's simply because you haven't been here for so long? @myLotBugs any clue?
Hey, neighbor. It could be that I haven't been here for quite a few months. I do need to use tags more often. I forget about them most times.
• Kansas City, Missouri
This should be better now.... If a user is new and doesn't have any tags yet, we seed the interesting discussions with some popular tags that will kick some discussions back. However, if you have tags and those tags don't have recent discussions related to them (and that weren't created by you), then this page was returning "No results found". Anyway, we'll now return some default interesting discussions like we do for new users, when this is the case. Thanks for the heads up!
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
That is funny. What does it take for something to qualify as interesting?
@sprite1950 (1655)
• Corsham, England
I suppose it's different for everyone. I love animal posts or those about MyLot but these topics might make other people yawn. When I was here before I'm sure that all my discussions went there but I have no idea where they are going at the moment lol. Or did you mean there were no discussions at all in the interesting discussions category?
Those cannot considered really as 'categories' and I think that an algorithm is used to sort those categories. Possibly how many responses in how much time and so on.