hospital and hugs..2/23/'17

@bunnybon7 (34053)
Holiday, Florida
So yesterday about 3 pm I ended up with my daughter rushing me to the hospital. I was so dizzy and nauseous I thought I would die. This was worse then the usual vertigo I live with. Like I tell my kids the reason I don't drink any more is because most of the time, I feel I am already drunk anyway My blood pressure was up 205 over 96 also. They got the blood pressure down and gave me more of that Meclizine and we came home. I think in my case it has a bit to do with this crazy weather too and the fact the humidity has been up in 90's and one night it was all the way to 100!! I slept early of course because of all the meds and so woke early about 3 am. I just took several things to stop pain etc. and I started thinking about hugs. Are your family big huggers? The women in my family and a few men are big hugs people. But mostly just a hug when we meet. My daughters family have taken it a bit farther. when they hug they really hug and rub your back. not just one of those quick hollywood type hugs. Grandson rubs your back when he hugs and it has even taught the little 2 yr. old to hug that way. So how does your family hug. quick hugs or the really good ones? Yes I am up way to early and thinking too much. photo from pixabay free
@bunnybon7 I always hug my sister and nephew before she leaves from my house. And my one cousin is a big hugger. But last Christmas my other cousin gave gave me a hug! I think my nephew may be told to hug me and is doing it against his will! But I will take it, as I love the kid so much! My uncle usually hugs me after we go someplace as he is my ride to most places when my sister can't make it which is all my afternoon appointments because my sister works and my uncle is retired!
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
at least you are getting human contact. very important to people alone with no partner.
@bunnybon7 I hug Marty hamster as best as I can manage it! Yes, it does feel good having human contact. But sometimes i don't want to be busy with things and sit home alone Marty hamster and I and do nothing
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
@Marty1 have been wondering if a hamster takes much care for me to do.
It depends by the place and the circumstances, most of the time is a quick hug.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
Hollywood style like my moms family.
@bunnybon7 In Europe we do not show to the others 'big hugs' and back rubbing, at most we do on special occasions if we are inside our houses.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
@LadyDuck actually what i meant was while they hug they gentley rub on your back a minute to show they really care. maybe its just me they do that to? don;t know. my moms family have always just hugged when they meet a quick hug to show they care. i always called it hollywood style. lol
• Pamplona, Spain
I learned to hug like that when I came to this Country and then all the rest of them well not all of them started to hug in some sort of way too. My Nieces and me hug each other and it was common for my NanĀ“s Sisters to do so too. They were six Girls and one boy and I loved everyone of them. Glad that you are back home and doing fine again.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
it is quite wonderful to have a hugging family don't you agree? love it
• Pamplona, Spain
@bunnybon7 You just take care of that blood pressure .Take the medicine I know its awful to take I have people around me that take it and has side effects that are not nice. I believe we have a choice and I wish they would concentrate on making a new medicine that would not harm people so much it does not make sense at all.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
@lovinangelsinstead21 yes it seems to mess me up. the meclizens seems to make my blood pressure rise and the medicine for blood pressure seems to make me dizzy. uuugghh catch 22 as they say.
• Preston, England
must have been a very scary episode for you - glad you are alright now - my family were never into hugs and kisses
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
too bad hugs keep us happy and healthy i think, ...it was very scary being in emergency.
• Preston, England
@bunnybon7 hope you don't have to go back
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
@arthurchappell me too. thanks
So glad you are okay. I've had vertigo for years and have to get up from bed very slowly. Have high bp, too. We come from a family of kissers. Lol!
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
its terrible getting old, but as Little Richard once said on stage in Vegas, better then the alternative. lol
@bunnybon7 Tell me about it and lol!
When there is a blood pressure here we are given a maintenance dose that keeps it in check. Don't you take any medicines?
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
i have been given it for taking one each day but i hate taking those long term because it seems when you take one that works for one thing it causes more problems with something else but obviously i am going to have to no matter after this
@bunnybon7 That is the minus part of allopathy. I have noticed that but to keep something in check that is more serious we have no other alternative.
I hope that you are feeling better now. Most of my family are big huggers and also kissers. My brothers aren't, but they are about the only ones. The rest of us hug and kiss at least when we say "good-bye" and sometimes when we say "hello" as well. Some do the quick hug and air kiss, but most do the good kind of hugs and actual kisses.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
aaaww! sweet. a very loving family. sometimes it means so much to grandmas that seldom feel touched by their loved ones.
@bunnybon7 I think that most people want to feel loved, especially by those close to them. It seems that the older and younger ones need and/or appreciate the affection the most, though. It makes my heart happy to think that it might mean so much to someone.
@marsha32 (6772)
Unfortunately none of my family are huggers. The most hugs I get are from people at church on Sunday. I don't even hug my husband. It's a shame because it's a known fact that hugs have health benefits.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
true about health. i love those churches that hug. obviously God meant for us to touch others or it wouldn't be so rewarding
@PatZAnthony (11946)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Some people are quick huggers and others like to linger. These are all good. Hope you don't have any more scares like that one.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
yes it is individual. we have 2 here and me too long nice huggers and one never maybe 2 never, and my daughter sometimes. lol i also hope not to get that sick again. i began to think my time had come.
My likes a pretty good hug. Some times a rub on the back, sometimes not.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
yes a loving bunch there. lol
Sorry that you had to go to hospital, but at least they were able to help you. We're not big huggers in my family.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
thanks. guess you are okay with the non huggers. lol. don't no what else to say. i do appreciate your stopping by and reading all this though
I love to hug, my family - not so much. I'm glad you have great huggers in your family.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
yes the ones in this house. the rest hug like my moms family just a quick glad to see you hug.
@prinzcy (5065)
No, my family is not expressive when it comes to feeling. In fact, I don't know how to react if someone just hugs me out of the blue. But I love getting hugs from children. It feels nice.
@bunnybon7 (34053)
• Holiday, Florida
yes it is a bonus if someone just hugs you when you first meet. i just hug back lol