Researchers Discover New Human Ancestor, Recessive Gene

CC0 Pixabay
@DWDavis (11146)
Pikeville, North Carolina
After years of exhaustive research, paleo-anthropologists have identified a new human ancestor that appears to have passed on its genes to certain children in middle school. This gene appears to control the level of energy and enthusiasm tweens and teens bring to their educational pursuits during grades 6, 7, and 8. Researchers have named this gene, the Lakawannado Gene, for the group of ancient humans in whom it is believed to have evolved, the Lakawannado Clan. The Lakawannado Gene is not always activated in children of this age group. Gene activation seems to be more prevalent among children raised to believe they should get something for nothing. There are, however, recorded instances of the Lakawannado Gene being activated in children from groups in which activation isn’t normally noted, when those children have been in prolonged contact with children who suffer from what child psychology researchers are calling Lakawannado Syndrome. Indicators that the Lakawannado Gene has been activated in a child include: not caring about grades, not turning in work, not doing homework, not paying attention in class, not following instructions, and other similar behaviors. Researchers are now engaged in an in-depth follow-on study to determine if the Lakawannado Gene in children evolves into the Cantoldajob Gene in adults. If you know a middle school child who might be suffering from Lakawannado Syndrome, or an adult who may show signs of expressing the Cantoldajob Gene, please contact 888-MADETHISUP immediately.
Feeling playful, huh? I am glad that gene is not in this household cause the cure is doitorgetbeat gene,
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
That gene must be the chromosomal pair to the workorstarve gene.
It might be made up but it sounds pretty logical.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It's not made up at all! Behind the humor, I think everything he said is true.
@TheHorse I was happy to believe it till I got to the phone number bit.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@JudyEv The symptoms are real. The existence of the gene is "hypothetical."
Oh my, one of my children had this gene. A very challenging child to educate.
@dfollin (12115)
All teenagers had this gene!
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@dfollin All have it. But only some express it to the point my students do.
@DWDavis It's a terrible, terrible thing! I laughed at remembering!
@1creekgirl (8642)
That is hilarious and so true! You are very creative. I have suggested it to all my followers.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. I was inspired by watching my students today while they were doing independent work. Some worked diligently and asked insightful questions, others doodled with the pencils, poked at the calculators, acted busy when I went by their desks, but got nothing done.
@dfollin (12115)
I am sending it as a suggestion to some people also.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@dfollin Thank you
Sounds like a gene that has been around for a long time. Good one.
@dfollin (12115)
Lol! Sure does sound that way huh?
@dfollin .....Yes. Having raised a few I would say this is normal at my end.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Precursor of the gene have been found in samples of ancient human blood preserved in mosquitoes encased in solidified amber.
@dfollin (12115)
Really? That is not a medical issue............. ummmm it is called being a teenager.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Then these kids have teenageus extremis.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think he's referring to a sub-set of teenagers whose symptoms are even more severe than those with teenagus generalus.
@katsmeow1213 (28917)
My first had this gene, although he does have a job.. it's not much of a job, but it's a job. The rest of my kids don't seem to have this problem, they're all great students. Is there some sort of gene or health problem that you're aware of that makes them unable to do their chores?
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I think the particular condition that prevents youngsters from doing their chores is know as ledbuttitis.
@DWDavis Yes that sounds about right.. causing kids to do nothing but play video games and ignore their responsibilities...
@KrauseHome (33368)
Good one.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thanks..
@pgntwo (21696)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
That was funny. What to do when the get-up-and-go has gotupandgone in some so young?
• Pleasant Hill, California
I blame tehnology, of course.
Very entertainingly written, this is great
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
@AliCanary (1753)
I may be suffering a latent expression of this gene, malheureusement.
boy, is that funny, kinda scary to think parents actually prevent their kids from becoming self reliant.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My son has worked as an RA at college for 3 years and he tells me some of the kids move into the dorm freshman year and expect there will be someone following them around, picking up after them, and helping them remember what time to go to class and doing their homework for them. When these kids learn they have to be responsible for themselves it blows their minds.
Sad if you think about it @DWDavis I'll bet many of those kids move back in with the folks after they finagle a degree of some kind. Too bad potential parents aren't required to take a parenting aptitude test.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@rebelann I don't remember who said it, "I'll never understand why you have to pass a test to drive a bus but any idiot can be a parent."
@akalinus (12452)
That is clever and funny. I think you must be talking from experience.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Yes, I have empirical evidence of what it looks like when the Lakawannado Gene is expressed.
@akalinus (12452)
@DWDavis I think one of my kids had that. It is something you grow out of, usually.
@HazySue (17019)
Ha, ha, ha. I know a whole school filled with children who have that gene. And too, it's amazing how many adults are around with this gene.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The gene is present in all children but only expresses under certain conditions.
@HazySue (17019)
@DWDavis it chooses to show up quite often these days.
• Preston, England
worked with a few Lackawanadoos and apatheticas too
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
The Lakawannado Gene has been know to cause Apathetica in extreme cases.
• Preston, England
@DWDavis not to mention Boneidleeitis
• Pleasant Hill, California
Interesting that this gene can be activated by contact with those raised with the increasingly prevalent Iamentitled Syndrome. Could this lead to what has often been referred to as Wanabekuhl Disorder NOS, which can also lead to Cantoldajob Syndrome? You're talking about subtle interplay between genes and environment here.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
One has to be careful not to assume correlation = causation, however, recent data does support greater instances of Lakawannado in tweens who suffer from Lamentitled Syndrome.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@DWDavis I'm not surprised.
@LoriAMoore (9916)
I think my nephew suffers from this disease.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It seems whole family groups among my students families suffer from it, as well as many other ailments such as Dumbasitis. This is a condition that causes you to load the whole family into the car and drive to the opposing family's trailer park for a fight to settle an argument between two middle school girls. True story.
@UncleJoe (8480)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Sadly enough, parents who haven't a clue about the Id, Ego, and Super-ego have no idea how to instill future preparations for their kids. I have a lot of relatives in NC who can never climb out of the id.
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
If the parents of a lot of my students ever heard of the id, they probably think he is a wizard who lives in the comic pages. I'll say this, these kids have a lot of ego, with nothing to back it up. They tell me if I want them to respect me I better give them respect. I tell them respect isn't something someone gives you, it is something you earn, and while I'll show them respect until they show they don't deserve it, they haven't done anything to earn it yet.
Thanks for making me smile
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
You're quite welcome.
• Portland, Connecticut
lol I have seen a lot of that clan over the years, seems like some parents have managed to overcome this natural tendency by activating goodgradesordie gene and often they pay for it, lol Cause if they don't the Cantoldajob Gene results in the Neverleavehome gene. lol
@DWDavis (11146)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
It is true that proper parenting, correctly applied, in appropriate dosages, can overcome the effects of the Lakawannado Gene.