Why many doctors contradicts each other?

Calgary, Alberta
There are doctor who said eggs is bad for the health and they associate it to many diseases like obesity ,cancer and heart disease. Then there are those doctors who recommends eating eggs everyday because it is rich in Protein, Vitamin B2, zinc,iron, copper, selenium and Vitamin b12. There are doctors who says MSG can cause cancer, then there are doctors who says MSG is healthier than table salt. There are doctors who said a Vegan diet is the key to a long life, then there are doctors who thinks a balance diet is the real key to long life. There are doctors who only believes in commercial medicines while there are doctors who recommends herbal medicines..
Perhaps staying away from doctors is the key to a better life . This just goes to show that good nutrition is not an exact science - and it may never be. There are so many variables to it all . . . and the affects will be different for each and every person depending on so many more variables.
That is so true! Proper nutrition is not a one-size fits all, as each individual is different. And yes, staying away from doctors made me healthier.
@thehousewife As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Next thing they will tell us apples are bad (actually they do say apples are bad because of toxins (pesticides and wax) on the peel). If we listen to all that, we might as well not eat anything!
@much2say Yeah exactly. The confusion alone is making us sick.
Money signs - most doctors only see money signs when a patient comes in,
I think that is so true they want money.
@jstory07 sad but true.
Sometimes things are good for you and some things are bad for you.
• Calgary, Alberta
Sadly not everything doctors suggest is good for you. My psychiatrist wants to cook my brain with pills.
@josie_ (5759)
It can get quite confusing listening to all these "medical experts".Take a teaspoonful of common sense when you take their advice.
• Calgary, Alberta
Younger doctors and older doctors also have contradicting beliefs. It is something I notice.
@PatZAnthony (11891)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
For us, if a doctor does not promote healthy eating (fresh veggies, fruits, etc.) as the key to being well, we don't need them. But, some think none of it matters.
• Calgary, Alberta
There are doctors who actually thinks veganism is harmful while some doctors are pushing it.
@PatZAnthony (11891)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@CaptAlbertWhisker As one of the many here has been doing this most of her adult life, take a good look at any doctor promoting unhealthy living. Often they smoke, are really out of shape and have no evidence how they live is good for anyone. Guess we should all choose what we think is best for us and ignore what some doctors have to say.
@pureme (1439)
Doctors contradict one another a lot. They all have a point where they are arguing.
• Calgary, Alberta
Especially doctors from different generations. I notice older doctors have different opinions from younger doctors.
@dpk262006 (55793)
You have raised an interesting question. We should eat and relish whatever food suits our body.
• Calgary, Alberta
yeah, we should now know what works for us instead of following a certain lifestyle that may not work with us.
@dpk262006 (55793)
@CaptAlbertWhisker Yes, every formula may not work for every person.
@delhshop (751)
yes your highness you can not trust the physicions today, i dont
• Calgary, Alberta
sometimes commercial medicines makes things worst. #herbalmedicine rules
@dramagirl26 (3395)
• Ringgold, Virginia
That's the way it is with all things. Some doctors say it's bad for you, while others say it's beneficial. With me, I just eat what I like no matter the nutritional value.
• Calgary, Alberta
I think older doctors should be updated with the latest medical breakthroughs so they will never be dated.