Distracted Driving

@nanette64 (17934)
Fairfield, Texas
Back in the late 80's I worked for an insurance company and the rates were determined on the zip code that you lived in and if people within that zip code had a lot of tickets: speeding, DUI, reckless driving, etc., you got stuck with paying higher premiums for car insurance because of their idiocy; even if you had an excellent record. Nowadays because of cell phones, distracted drivers are so busy texting and driving, that rates have gone up by 16%, costing an average of $926 a year. It is no longer determined by the zip code that you live in, but the national average of idiots on the road. Since 36% of ALL drivers text and drive, even if you have a perfect driving record, you are screwed because of them. So thank your friends, neighbors and family members for raising your insurance rates because they are stupid.
Texting and driving is becoming so dangerous and prevalent, insurance companies are increasing their rates to cover it.
@stbrians (15893)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Nowadays phones cause more distraction on our roads than any other gadgets. It is good to give such drivers a ticket
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
You ain't kidding @stbrians . It's ridiculous. It scares the hell out of me to even drive anymore. Even in my small town of 3,000 people; there are plenty of idiots.
@stbrians (15893)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@nanette64 And they seem not to mind about other motorists and their life. God help them
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@stbrians I know, right?!! Geez!!!
The police never seem to pay much attention to those distracted drivers. I can see people texting and talking on their phones, and even though it is against the law to do so here, the police turn a blind eye most of the time.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'll tell ya one thing @Corbin5 , if the cops could write a ticket and the courts charged $1,000 per offense, it would stop.
@nanette64 I think you are right, my friend. Thanks for the new funnies!!!!!
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 You are welcome.
Rates are determined several ways depending on different things - When we moved to this county our car insurance went up and we asked why. Well, it seems that out here in the boonies we have a better chance of getting into accidents with either a John Deere or deer...and they don't carry insurance.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
LMAO @AbbyGreenhill . You're right about that one: deere and deer. LOL
@nanette64 It's true - there are more tractors up and down our road than cars.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill The road I live on is only about the equivalent of 3 city blocks but there's a kid that thinks it is the interstate and drives like a maniac. I wish I had what the cops call 'spike strips', because I'd throw them out in the road.
@KrauseHome (35517)
It really makes no sense anymore how they figure out Insurance rates for drivers. Now many places will not insure if your Credit is bad, etc. Gone are the days where most people can get a reasonable insurance.
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
And it makes me mad @KrauseHome that I haven't had a ticket for anything in 20 years.
@garymarsh6 (14431)
They have just increased the fines and points added to your license if you are caught doing that. Surprisingly so many people do it and you are right they are IDIOTS,.
Yes,it is stupid.But Mom and Dad pay their bill.
• Uzbekistan
The Nobel Prize for the person who finds a remedy against stupidity!
They issued large fines here if get caught texting or talking on the phone but people still do it. Everytime I go out I see it everywhere.