Here's A Trick Question You Might Ask Someone

You have no doubt heard of the saying: “Thirty days has September, April, June, and November. All the rest have 31, except for February which has 28 or 29.” Here’s the “trick” question, though. Which month is actually the longest? It’s October! Why? Because of the extra hour added in for the daylight savings time adjustment, October actually has thirty-one days and one hour. I have already been corrected on this, so I'm editing. Evidently, daylight savings time begins and ends differently depending on where you live. In Europe, it ends in October, but not in the USA. See how many of your friends know the answer!
That's a clever question. Only a few of our states have daylight saving. Some voted against it.
Well, several people corrected me, but the truth is that daylight savings time is different, depending on where you live. And it USED to end in October, but now here in the U.S. it ends in November.
JUNE has 30 days, not May...also Daylight Savings Time is in November for the USA. October is Europe.
I stand corrected on that also, I just forgot how the saying went. I'm glad you myLotters are on the ball.
That is a good one.
Except it is wrong, it is November not October that has us 'fall back', and November only has 30 days...and June, not May
@JolietJake Well, I stand corrected. Thanks. I should have checked my sources better.
I've been corrected. Evidently, daylight savings time ends in October, ONLY in Europe and not in the USA. Sorry about that.
That´s in the northern hemisphere. I live in the southern one
I have been corrected on this. Evidently, daylight savings time differs based on where you live.
@spiderdust (6150)
• San Jose, California
You weren't totally wrong... Daylight Savings Time used to end in October and started in April in the US until a few years ago. I wish it still did, because it's really jarring to have it suddenly dark in November. The old way, the light change was a bit more gradual.
I must have remembered that from years ago then. I was thinking that it did end in October, for some reason.