~Build A Fence Or We're Moving~

My Trouble Maker Dog
Lenox, Georgia
This is what I told my husband yesterday. We have 2 dogs-we always walk them on the leash since we don't have a fenced in yard. I hate not having a fenced yard but I love the rest of this house so I deal with it. However, yesterday the one neighbor told my daughter she needs to hold the leash better because one of our dogs chased a cat and my daughter let go of her. Then when I came out the neighbor said I don't know why dogs have to chase cats. I said I don't know why people let their cats roam the neighborhood. Dogs chase cats-it's what they do...most of them anyway. But I don't want to have a problem with this neighbor every time it happens so I told my husband he needs to build a fence here or we need a new place. I apologized to her a couple times and she still had an attitude with me...Oh well.
Do NOT apologize anymore. You have a right to have a dog and a child has a right to make a mistake by not holding on hard enough. Get a fence put up even if its an old ugly make shift rusty tin fence for her to look at. I love my cat but even my dogs will chase him!
• Lenox, Georgia
@andriaperry Lol thank you. I tried to make it right by saying I was sorry but she was not any nicer and didn't seem to care... Some people you just can't please no matter what you do. Oh, we are getting a fence put up because I cannot handle this all the time.
Molly has pulled the leash out of my hands to chase a cat, and I get yelled at. It is illegal here for dogs and cats to be off-leash when out and about, so those who let the cats roam are at fault. We do have a fenced yard for Molly, but she still needs walking. I do hope you get a fence to make life easier for you and the dogs. Darn roaming cats!!!!
@topffer (36634)
• Singapore, Singapore
I do not think than a cat can be dangerous enough for anything else than birds or mice to have to walk it with a leash. They really do not like that. Mine spends most of its nights outdoors and is not afraid by dogs. I do not know any city in France where it is mandatory to walk a cat with a leash, and in mine leashes are not mandatory for dogs, although most of people walk their dogs with a leash. We are always responsible for the damages done by our animals, with or without a leash.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Corbin5 Yeah, it's not illegal here but it's the respectful thing to have our dogs on the leash while walking them so we do. But accidents happen and I cannot nor can my children hold onto her when she wants to chase a cat. Yeah we definitely will be getting a fence.
@topffer The few cats around here are pretty battered looking. I think they have run-ins with coyotes, other feral cats, or are diseased die to not having been vaccinated. My sister has four cats and she takes them outside on harnesses to keep them from harm. A hefty fine goes to those who let their cats run free here.
I think building a fence would be a good idea. Some people are just ridiculous and hard to get along with. She will always find something to complain about.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Happy2beme Yeah I think it will be a good idea as well so I don't have to go through that all the time.
Was the cat hers?
• Lenox, Georgia
@infatuatedbby No the cat isn't hers. They don't have pets.
@LovingMyBabies She does not have common sense. A child can accidentally not hold a leash tight, Same with adults. And dogs chase cats. I hope your husband can put a fence up though because I wouldn't want to hear from this attitude neighbor all the time either
• Lenox, Georgia
@infatuatedbby Exactly! Yeah he is going to put one up because I really don't need the stress from hearing her attitude all the time.
Sounds like you need to get a fence build. My cat does not go outside unless we are with her. To many things can happen to a cat running free. One is getting hit by a car.
• Lenox, Georgia
@jstory07 Yes we do. The neighbor has around 15 cats that roam the neighborhood.
@LovingMyBabies Is'nt there a law against having that many cats.
• Lenox, Georgia
@jstory07 I honestly don't know. They have a little dog too that comes in our yard to use the bathroom.
@prinzcy (5055)
I live in a village so fence is necessary. I have lots of animals - chicken, ducks and cats. Fence is needed to keep them from straying and make my neighbor less irritated with me. It also to prevent other people's animals from entering my area. You might need a fence. Your neighbor might make an issue out of your dogs, which will lead to more trouble. That kind of thing is stressful and annoying.
• Lenox, Georgia
@prinzcy Yeah that's why I told my husband he needs to put one up. I'm not going to listen to her mouth about this forever...
@thelme55 (15638)
Building a fence is a good idea. I think the neighbour will complain about anything when the fence is put up.
She must realize that she is in the wrong.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Juliaacv I don't know but she's very mean about our dogs. This is the 3rd time she's given an attitude about our dogs.
@LovingMyBabies There is no need to treat people like that, our last neighbours had attitude plus dogs with attitude, we were so happy when they moved out! We got some peace and quiet and less attitude for a while, our new neighbour has a rescue dog, and it barks every time its outside. I love dogs, so I'm patient with this subject.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Juliaacv These neighbors have been here for many years so we won't get the luxury of them going anywhere. Lol. So I think the fence will at least help.
@LeaPea2417 (23181)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I learned something not too long ago, my husband told me and then a neighbor told me they had set one up in their yard,, it is an "electronic fence". It is invisible and it makes a sound that dogs don't like, so that when they try to go through it, it bothers them, so they learn not to pass through it and they will stay in their yard. They are available for sale at Lowes & probably Home Depot.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Leapea2417 I would rather not see the lady's face either so a regular fence is what we need to do at this point.
@LeaPea2417 (23181)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LovingMyBabies I understand that.
Yes, building a fence is best, but I do agree with you people should not let cats roam, they don't realize how dangerous it is.
• Lenox, Georgia
@TRBRocks420 Yeah anything can happen to cats that roam around.
Some places have an ordinance about letting any pet loose. They must be kept in a leash. I hope you get that fence. Maybe your neighbor will come around after a while. Bake her a hoodie and bring it to her as a peace offering.
• Lenox, Georgia
@ElusiveButterfly I don't know about where we live but we do it for respect reasons. It was a 2 minute thing that she got off the leash. A fence would be the best thing at this point.
@LovingMyBabies will you do chain link or stockade fencing?
• Lenox, Georgia
@ElusiveButterfly Privacy fence most definitely.
@moffittjc (47369)
• Gainesville, Florida
Nothing is worse than moving to a great location and then finding out you have less than ideal neighbors. I'm hoping your grumpy neighbor becomes friendlier as she gets to know you and your husband and kids! I have met all my new neighbors in the new neighborhood I moved to, and they are all the nicest people! All of them came over to welcome me to the neighborhood and to ask if I needed any help moving in. I was very impressed with their hospitality!
• Lenox, Georgia
@moffittjc Yes that is the truth! She is not very nice at all and I'm not happy about living next to her. We really like her husband though-he's totally different than she is. Aw that is so sweet of your neighbors! I'm glad you have really nice neighbors, that's awesome. =)
@moffittjc (47369)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LovingMyBabies I'm glad to hear that crazy lady's husband is nice to you guys! At least you have him on your side. Who knows, maybe she will eventually come around and start being nice to you guys!
• Lenox, Georgia
@moffittjc Yeah he's really nice. Thank God at least he is. I hope she will come around after time.
@besweet (7223)
• Greece
It will be nice to build a fence and avoid all the trouble with your neighbor. Why was the neighbor annoyed if the dog chased a cat on the street?
• Lenox, Georgia
@besweet No the dog went into her yard so that's why she was mad.
@besweet (7223)
• Greece
@LovingMyBabies I think your neighbor is over reacting. A fence will be a good idea to calm her down. I think it will help with your peace of mind as well, since you won't have to worry any more.
We live in the country and fenced in a section for Ruby. She would chase a leaf if she could, and she's not road-smart. It might be a good idea in the meantime if you don't let your daughter walk the dog, you or your husband do it.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Abbygreenhill Yeah we are going to have to get a fence up for them too. We did tell her she can't walk her anymore but it was a big help to me for her to do it since I have 5 kids and a LOT to do each day.
@LovingMyBabies You have to make sure dogs and kids are all safe.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Oh dear I don't like attitude it's not necessary. Hopefully when the fence goes up she'll be less uptight.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Gillygirl I hope she will calm down a bit once the fence is up. That's her only issue with us is the dogs.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@LovingMyBabies Once she hasn't got to worry about that hopefully she will calm down.
A fence cost a lot of money.
• Lenox, Georgia
@marlina Yeah well moving costs a whole lot more. We are probably going to use our tax money to get the materials for it.
@LovingMyBabies My son just had an estimate for a wooden fence for his yard and it was $8,000.00 Cdn.
@hostessman (10272)
• Tucson, Arizona
building a fence is a great idea..it also gives you some privacy which is nice
• Lenox, Georgia
@hostessman Thanks, I think so too. It will help with both situations.
There is an ojd saying good fences make good neighbirs-===
• Lenox, Georgia
@Hatley Yes exactly! Lol
I know how much you love the house, so I hope he can build a fence.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Gardengerty Yeah I do so the only thing to do is to get a fence up.
@DWDavis (15812)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
If the neighbor wants to have attitude, let it eat away at her. As for the fence, I agree with you that a fence would be the best idea. It may not have to enclose the whole yard. One with enough area for the dogs to get a good runabout and to their business would suffice.
• Lenox, Georgia
@DWDavis Lol, yeah I definitely want to get at least some of the yard fenced for them.