I'm Going To Cancel My Membership

I joined Weight Watchers about 6 months ago. When I started, I weighed 199 pounds. At my weigh-in this past Thursday, I weighed 186.6 pounds. It seems that I don't have the right mindset so that the particular program I'm on would really benefit me. One week I'll do great with eating the right foods, count the points, and keep track of everything. The next week I slack off in doing those things. I'm glad that I have lost what I have but I really can't see spending more money on the membership while I have not put everything Weight Watchers is all about to good use. Tomorrow, I will be calling to cancel my Weight Watchers membership.
If you do not think it is working for you then it will save you money by cancelling. Maybe whatever you have learned from the program you can put to use on your own. I know my father in law's wife lost a lot of weight each time she does weight watchers. 50 pounds at one point.
I agree with putting whatever I learned to use on my own. I already know what I'm supposed to eat that is good for me but I thought this would give me some encouragement or the shove that I needed for me to actually do it.
@bluerubymoon53 I wish I could find that shove!!! Today I went for a long walk and drank lots of water. And ate the right things. And then I ate cookies.
@paigea If I had a pint of ice cream in the freezer, I would have it all eaten in one sitting. I need to drink more water again. I was doing pretty good at if for awhile and it seemed I lost a little bit more weight when I did. I don't like to walk in my part of town or any part of this town really. It's at least a 2 to 3 mile drive to do any mall walking.
@PatZAnthony (11805)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
That does not seem to be doing what you want. Some programs like that seem to encourage eating foods that are not of benefit to the body.
Sometimes it seemed that there was a deprivation of certain foods and then I would give in and go overboard. Ugh. It's a battle for sure.
@PatZAnthony (11805)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@bluerubymoon53 Someone in our house said in response to the battle statement: "It can be if you want it to be" which I thought was clever.
@PatZAnthony I suppose I have LET it be a battle. I certainly don't want it to be.
@xstitcher (10100)
• Petaluma, California
I have never belonged to Weight Watchers. These days all the running around I'm doing is helping me lose weight.
What kind of running around are you doing? Chasing after little ones or running errands? I'm too old to be chasing after little ones and most of my errands are done once or twice a week. I need to find easy exercises somewhere online.
@xstitcher (10100)
• Petaluma, California
@bluerubymoon53 Well, I'm walking my dog, but mostly running around getting things for/helping/going shopping for/pushing the wheelchair for my Mom.
@xstitcher Looks like some good ways to keep active!
How much do you have to pay? And congratulations for your loss of weight.
Thank you for the congratulations. I'm glad to have at least that much weight off. I just need to get some more off. For the DietBet thing, the amount varies by the person who sponsors a particular "contest".
One of my friend's cancelled her membership after hitting a plateau and was told that they didn't know how to help her. So she went back on the old points system and said she is doing better with that.
Wow. That's too bad they didn't know what to do to help her when she was stuck. Then she took it upon herself to do the old points system. Awesome that she's not stuck in a rut any more.
@reskyyandi (3841)
That is useless. You do the right thing
I never had to lose a lot of pounds, but Weight Watchers program never looked interesting to me. When I am determined and I want to lose some pounds, I know which foods I have to skip and I move a little more, it works and it costs nothing.
I found I did not make the effort to follow the program either. I was trying to do it online. I think I might do better if I actually attended meeting.
I knew that if I went strictly with WW online I wouldn't be as likely to attend to it online. I have skipped several meetings at the mall. Like I said, I just don't have my head in in right now.
@bluerubymoon53 We live too far from any meetings for me to sign up for that. I will have to just make my own plan at home. My husband does really well with MyFitnessPal.
@paigea You could probably do MyFitnessPal with your husband or have a couple of friends to join you in something like that. I have seen DietBet does great stuff for people. I'm going to try that and gamble on myself to lose 4% of my weight and earn more money back!!
I had to canceled mine because I don't enough to be on the program. The points were so little I found it a waste.
The points were enough for me. They are based on saturated fat, sugars, calories, and protein. Beyond the points, all the fruit and veggies are zero points. I think it's unreasonable to be dependent on the number of points than the actual nutritional value. Better to follow protein, fiber, fats, and carbs combined. Oh well, I'll get it figured out for me one of these days.
@bluerubymoon53 Good luck with that.