Pay it Forward ~~ You have $1,000 to help others, how would you use it and why?

@MySpot (2602)
You may have heard about the concept of paying it forward -- the idea of doing something meaningful to help someone else without asking for anything in return. There was a movie, starring Helen Hunt, Haley Joel Osmont, and Kevin Spacey that was all about 'paying it forward'... it is the perfect example of how we can pay it forward in our daily lives. So, if you were given $1,000 with the understanding that it had to be used to help others, how would you use the money and why? To see how others turned these endless possibilities into amazing results, go to http://www.oprah.com/ for more information.
Its a really difficult question. I have started to answer it a few times and keep re writing it as there are so many things I would want to give the money too. I think I would give to the NSPCC as they rely on charity only, like many other organisations.
@MySpot (2602)
I know $1,000 doesn't seem like enough. I wish we all had a million to pay forward! So many lives could be positively affected by that kind of money. Research and non-profit organizations are a great place to start though... good for you : ) Don't forget to 'pay it forward' every chance you get! Thanks for doing it, in theory, here ; )
@rmuxagirl (7569)
There are a bunch of organizations that rely on charity and i agree we need to help support them in any way that we can.
@rmuxagirl (7569)
Lets see 1,000 dollars huh. 300 goes to my church to help with morgage and other payments. 200 Cancer research To help find a cure 200 for Parkinson's research 200 + clothes goes to homeless shelter to fed and clothe the homeless. 100 goes to the VFW for any bills they need paid. Our veterans kept us safe we should help them.
@MySpot (2602)
Nice way to spread the wealth! We can really pay it forward in our everyday lives too. Our contributions could be physically, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally rather than just monetary help.
Very interesting post. I think I would find families and help them out. Or maybe just one family. I would hope it would come around Christmas because I would have a lot of fun at it. I would buy them a Christmas dinner, buy them clothes & toys, and anything that I could that they needed.
@MySpot (2602)
Sadly, there are people would just be happy to eat and have a roof over their head : ( Thanks for paying it forward with us!
@SunnyDays (1071)
• Bahamas
I would spend it to supply food for the homeless here
@MySpot (2602)
Charity starts at home, right? Very nice of you!