Fantastic Opera Tenor

Daytona Beach, Florida
Even though my heart belongs to rock and roll I do like all kinds of other music genres. One of the greatest opera tenors was Enrico Caruso. I remember enjoying his great voice because my dad was a big fan of his. He had several albums and enjoyed listening to this great talent. Still being little I of course wasn’t listening to rock and roll yet, so my little ears picked up whatever my parents were listening to. In the U.S., early in the last century one of the top-selling records of all time was “Vesti la giubba” from the opera Pagliacci on a 78 r.p.m record. Do you remember these kinds of records? It became the first million-seller in American history. Enrico Caruso became the most famous operatic tenor in history and the biggest recording artist of the early 20th century. He came into this world in Naples, Italy on February 25, 1873. Caruso came of age during the golden age for Italian opera when some of the greatest composers were writing their compositions. Having gained popularity Caruso began performing in opera houses from St. Petersburg to Buenos Aires and visited the U.S. for the first time in 1903. He made a great impression when he sang at New York’s Metropolitan Opera. His first recordings were made with the Victor Talking-Machine Company (later RCA Victor). It was tragic when Caruso was struck by a lingering illness that led to deterioration of his health and he died on August 2, 1921 in his native Naples not far from where he was born. He was only 48 years old. I have included a recording of him singing “O Sole Mio” http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/enrico-caruso-the-greatest-tenor-who-ever-lived-is-born
Just Music. Enrico Caruso sings "O Sole Mio" in this recording from February 5, 1916 with the Victor Orchestra. Walter B. Rogers is conducting.
I have heard this song in the past and enjoyed it
@TheSojourner (17304)
I know Caruso is a legend. I preferred Pavarotti's voice.
Caruso was a legend in his time wasn't he? He had such a great voice. What a shame he met such a sad end.
There is a movie in which Mario Lanza another great tenor plays Enrico Caruso called The Great Caruso from 1951. I have the video. If you can find this movie to watch it is well worth it. @JudyEv
@RasmaSandra My mother always used to talk about this film. I'll keep an eye out for this.
Funny. I saw your title and instantly thought O Sole Mio.
@JohnRoberts a treat for you. Elvis's Now or Never is O Sole Mio
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose vsbonvenutoep SubscribeSubscribedUnsubscr
@RasmaSandra Thank you, thank you very much.
He was fabulous and one of the greats. My husband turned me on to him. I always get goosebumps when I hear O Sole Moi!!!!
The two I always loved listening to was Caruso and Mario Lanza @DianneN
Uploading all the lanza songs I have, subscribe, rate, and comment please. :) IN THAT ORDER. just kidding.
@RasmaSandra Another great! Thank you. Will listen to Lanza right now!
@theBlock (2707)
@RasmaSandra I-have-listened-to-a-few-recordings-of-him.....He-was-wonderful....