~I Try My Best~

Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone! Gosh it has been a busy kind of day. I got some of the kids school work ready for the week. I still have more to do but I kept having interruptions so I will do the rest of the week's work tomorrow. Right now I am babysitting 2 boys. They are 2 & 4 years old. Their very good boys! I had another client of mine that wanted me to babysit today but I had to tell her I couldn't. She asked me at 12:30pm if I could watch her boys at 3pm. I already made the commitment to watch these boys though at 10am. She said I shouldn't have assumed you could do it because usually I never say no to her. I don't think some people realize that I do have other kids I babysit for and I have my own family as well. I try my best for everyone though.
You can't please everyone, she should have planned ahead of time.
I bet next time she will.
@trbrocks420 Yes I agree. I felt bad but I cannot take on too many kids either.
Agree
You can only do so much and they should understand that. It wasn't right of her to give you such short notice and just expect you to babysit for her.
@Happy2beme Yeah I was kind of surprised the way she just assumed I could do it.
@LovingMyBabies maybe she will think next time and give you more notice
@Happy2BeMe I hope so.
@CoralLevang (40639)
Remember to take care of yourSELF first. Hugs.
@corallevang Thank you, I am trying to do that as well. =)
@CoralLevang (40639)
@kaka135 (13483)
Yes, I agree with Coral, you will need to take good care of yourself, so you can be well to take care of others.
She should have planned ahead. You have a full plate now!
@DianneN Yeah I definitely do. I dont mind babysitting for anyone but I do expect my time to be respected too.
• Pamplona, Spain
A bit short notice I would say and if it would have been me you said no to I would have understood too. DonĀ“t worry you will be able to do most of what you want.
@lovinangelsintead21 Yes it was definitely short notice. I hope I did not lose her as a client over it though.
• Pamplona, Spain
@LovingMyBabies In a few days time she will have forgotten it for sure. She will be back as she is one of your Clients.
• Peoria, Arizona
Well, at least she knows now that she should probably ask a good enough time before anything. You are not a day care, just one lovely hard working person.
@Desirousdreamer I hope so. Thank you, I try really hard to make everyone happy that I babysit for.
• Peoria, Arizona
@LovingMyBabies You do the best you can! You are only one person and you are amazing at what you do!
Her own fault for assuming.
@marlina Yeah I agree.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
You can watch so many kids your own and other people's kids.
@workathomefan Yeah I never want to say yes to more than I can do.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
@LovingMyBabies You are such a hard worker.
@workathomefan Thank you! =)
How many kids do you have ? I just know the one you recently gave birth to ,I guess Josiah.
@destinykst I have 5 of my own children. =)
@LovingMyBabies Really, You have maintained yourself very nicely no one can say that you are mom of 5 kids.
@destinykst Well thank you. =)
@Tina30219 (26573)
• Onaway, Michigan
Right people can't just think you are wonderwoman and can take on a ton of kids you just had a baby plus have your other kids as well.
@Tina30219 Yeah I have a lot going on so she should know to call ahead of time.
@Tina30219 (26573)
• Onaway, Michigan
@dodo19 (28068)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It can be hard sometimes. As much as we might want to help others and can do it sometimes, we can't always do unfortunately. You do have other things to consider as well. Like you said, you have your own kids and other clients as well. Such is life sometimes. All you can do is do your best.
@dodo19 Yeah sometimes I just have to say no-whether I want to or not. This was one of those times.
@dodo19 (28068)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LovingMyBabies Yup. There are always going to be times when we have to say no. Such is life.
You cannot assist everyone, you do your best and people should not be rude and think that everything is granted to them.
@LadyDuck Yeah I try for everyone to be available when they need me but at times I do get too full and I have to say no.
@LovingMyBabies People should understand that we have priorities.
Thats tough. Ive been in the same spot before with all my feiends asking me to babysit at the same time of having my little cousins here for days.
@Courtlynn Yeah some people seem to think I'm super woman! Lol.
@LovingMyBabies exactly! Hope all is well today
@kaka135 (13483)
I think you are doing really GREAT!! I always find it hard to find time for myself and everyone else, especially when I have a baby at home, and most of the time I will need to carry or nurse my baby. I know you have more kids, and you have a baby as well, you are homeschooling and you are also babysitting other kids!! I am sure you are already doing your very BEST.
@kaka135 Thank you! I do have a lot going on but I try my best for everyone that needs me. Some people just don't understand that I guess.
I can't imagine taking care of more children as well as your own 5. You must be very patient.
@jabouk Thank you, I really love what I do. =)
@hostessman (7146)
• Tucson, Arizona
you can only do so much.. you have to take good care of the ones you have
@hostessman Yeah I'm only one person so I want to make sure I can handle how many little ones I take on.
you have your hands full for sure.
@snowy22315 Yes I do!
Some people should really learn to take no for an answer. Afterall, you are human, not a robot.
@thehousewife Yeah some people think I can do it all. I try but I'm not super woman!
Your best is all that you can do
@Tampa_girl7 That's very true. =)
@KrauseHome (33368)
Personally some people like me wonder how you can do all of this. But you were smart in saying No and I think she will understand.
@KrauseHome Taking care of children has never been tough to me. I love babysitting, always have and being a mom comes naturally as well to me. =) I don't sweat the small things when it comes to kids, I allow them to play and be children. I don't sweat the small stuff when it comes to making my home spotless-if there's toys on the floor I don't freak out. I make sure my home is decent but I'm not a neat freak. That's how I do it.