Excerises for weight loss

@skydream (1048)
Agate, Colorado
So my mom and I go to the gym every weekend for a couple hours and I started counting calories but I was wondering which workouts/machines at the gym are better for losing weight specifically rather than focusing on gaining muscles?
I had great results with the treadmill and, then doing a set of 10 at each work out machine. I lost weight fast.
@skydream (1048)
• Agate, Colorado
I will try to do all the machines, i didn't know if it was best to focus on one area or what. How long do you do on the treadmill?
@skydream About 15 20 minutes and, that's what the trainers showed us to do on the first day it worked good, wish I still lived closer to a gym.
@skydream (1048)
• Agate, Colorado
@TRBRocks420 Okay I'll do that I'll usually do like 10 minutes at beginning at 10 at end so I'll do 15 instead. Do you still have a treadmill at home?
I think a trainer at the gym could help you with that. I loved the bike the most in the spin class.
@skydream (1048)
• Agate, Colorado
I would look into that but the gym i go to for some reason will charge extra for wanting to get help from a trainer so I figured just asking other people would be helpful. I think the bike is good, I usually do that for about 2 miles or so.
@skydream You know they charge so much for the trainers that I coul not even use one. I recently found out that I could go to physical therapy so I am going for my shoulders, legs, and back so that should be enough to help me shrink my weight.
@skydream (1048)
• Agate, Colorado
@sharon6345 Same. The amount for trainers is usually pretty high and I couldnt use one or really want one for their price. That's really good hopefully it helps
Changing your diet is going to help you to lose weight. Exercise really doesn't do anything for losing weight.
@skydream (1048)
• Agate, Colorado
I have changed my diet also, people just kept telling me to excerise to lose weight too
@Hate2Iron (7340)
I agree... there should be someone at the gym that can put you on some kind of a program to give you the results that you want!!
@skydream (1048)
• Agate, Colorado
Definitely! I think that would definitely help people keep going and not lose motivation in going.
@pureme (1452)
that's very correct, the primary aim is to loose weight not to gain muscles
Exercise does help lose weight, not just diets.. I know you go to the gym, but do you have at least a treadmill at home?? My boyfriend wore one of those trash bag looking things while doing 45mins on his treadmill, I think 3 or 4 days each week for 3 weeks, years ago and he sweat ALOT but it worked.