Get Ready for the Ball Boys!!!

Abandoned dogs in Brazil will be the "ball boys" for the 2017 Brazil Tennis Open. Those wonderful "ball boys" will retrieve those tennis balls for the players and will be seen by millions. The "ball boys" need homes and will get plenty of notice due to their tennis-ball retrieving skills. The "ball boys" will be dressed to impress too! The ball-retrieving pups will be wearing snazzy yellow bandanas around their necks and way-too-cool wrist sweatbands on both front legs. All of the 2016 Brazil Tennis Open canine "ball boys" were adopted. Hopefully, all of the "ball boys" for the 2017 Brazil Tennis Open will find loving homes too. The video shows last year's "ball boys" in action.
Shelter dogs used as ball boys at Brazil Open Tennis tournament Shelter dogs used as ball boys at Brazil Open Shelter dogs used as ball boys at Brazil Open T...
What a wonderful idea! And great exposure for the dogs, who knows who will see them and possibly want to adopt one of them. Love their special gear!
They really do make the dogs look classy with their "ball boy" wear!
@Corbin5 And it looks like they rise to the occasion, they know what their purpose is!
@Deepizzaguy (7580)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Thank you for sharing this nice story about the ball boys in tennis which is the equal of the ball boys or girls in Major League Baseball.
Thank you for stopping by! I do hope all the pups will be adopted. The players have quite a time trying to get the ball from the "ball boy," but that is so much fun to watch.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Corbin5 Me too. I love dogs.
Sounds a great idea and, I am sure the dogs will love it.
Rooger would have a blast being a "ball boy," but of course, he would have to come right home to you after the game.
@Corbin5 The silly thing half the time wants me to go fetch the ball and, bring it to him lol.
• Portland, Connecticut
What a great idea that is to bring dogs that need a home to people's attention.
Not that easy to get that tennis ball back from a "ball boy," but what fun canine and human are having.
@FayeHazel (11583)
Awesome! I hope they all get adopted
Me too!!!
@FayeHazel (11583)
@Corbin5 Forever homes for everyone!
@kevin1877uk (36137)
Very interesting and wonderful idea.
I think so too. I love that the Puppy Bowl and Kitten Bowl, on Super Bowl weekend, featured puppies and kittens that needed forever homes too.
@kevin1877uk (36137)
@Corbin5 Awesome ideas :)
@kevin1877uk The UK is one of the top 4 countries in the world regarding animal welfare. That is really something to be proud of.
Reading your post made my day. I am an animal lover and reading stories of saving abandoned animals gives me a lot of happiness
I am so glad you enjoyed the post. Since all the dogs were adopted last year, I hope the same happens this year.
@Corbin5 If only the whole world realised the value of animals this place would have been heaven.
@sueznewz2 (9384)
• Alicante, Spain
What a brilliant idea... I hope it as successful as the lastone...love the bandanas...
The bandanas were reddish last year and this year, golden-yellow. I do hope those dogs find forever homes.
@sueznewz2 (9384)
• Alicante, Spain
@Corbin5 me too....
A couple of them didn't want to give up the ball. I'm glad they were all adopted. I hope they will be this year too.
Yes, hard to get a ball from a dog, but that is part of the fun. I bet there are a mass of balls available for this event.
@Corbin5 There would need to be.
I have seen a video on YouTube a couple of days ago. I am so happy that those dogs have a second chance. I cannot even imagine how many poor dogs are abandoned in that big country.
Yes, I am sure many dogs are homeless in Brazil. So glad that some of the abandoned dogs have a chance of being adopted due to being seen on TV by so many.
@Corbin5 I am glad too, I pity those poor dogs and cats that have not a family to take care of them.
It's a wonderful way to adopt doggies. I wish more countries would do the same.
Me too. The USA gets a grade of D regarding animal welfare due to the inhumane slaughter practices in place here. The U.K., New Zealand, Switzerland and Austria are the top four regarding animal welfare.
@Corbin5 That astounds me! Our laws need to be changed, too, regarding animal cruelty. Those poor babies!
@LoriAMoore (9922)
That is the coolest thing I've heard all year!
It really is wonderful. The players delight in trying to get the tennis balls from the dogs. A chase ensures every now ant then.
@Lucky15 (33700)
i am looking forward t this and interesting to see them :)
It does look like the dogs and the players have a lot of fun.
Wow that's amazing! Not only the joy that will be filling the viwers but also the help and care you take of the abandoned dogs! Take them out of the streets and put them streight into the court. Can't wait to see one of these matches.
The video looks like a good time is had by the players and the dogs. I hope all the dogs find homes.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
That's fun to watch. I couldn't imagine the dogs at Wimbledon. It's a wonderful idea and I hope the dogs will find good homes.
A good time is had by dogs and players, it seems. Hope all are adopted due to so many viewers watching.
@lokisdad (4307)
Sounds cute like something that would make the games more family friendly. Kids usually don't enjoy sports like adults do so having the dogs will get the kids attention and make bringing them with you possibly more pleasant of an ordeal.
Yes, I bet if kids see the dogs, the dogs may have even a better chance of being adopted.
Thanks for this link: first time ever that I hear about the "ball boys"
Me too! I think the idea is a wonderful one.
@hostessman (7147)
• Tucson, Arizona
that is really great I didn't know they did that,,,,,fantastic
It is a great way to showcase dogs that need a home.
• Satna, India
amazing
I agree.
I would love to see that - what a great idea!
Me too! Sometimes the players have a hard time getting that tennis ball back from a pup, and that is so much fun to watch.