What Do You Think of the Oscars?

@tallawah (9724)
Kingston, Jamaica
Okay, I thought that the Academy picked the best movies... the ones the public wanted to see. The ones everyone was talking about. Okay, I learned my lesson with Avatar. I mean, the most popular movie on Earth and it Didn't win? I mean... What? I thought Best Picture was Best Picture. Then I hear some rumble about 'lily white' and that the Oscars have to give awards to more Non-White movies and actors, and I'm like... Huh? I mean that's like telling me to buy Nut Bars because I'm buying too much Chocolate, or demanding more people order Strawberry because too many people are demanding Rocky Road. These are movies. People go to the Movies to be Entertained. One can't select 'politically correct' movies and tell the public, "No! You can't watch that Movie! You have to Watch This movie...." To my mind; La La Land won, but the vote was kind of 'rigged' to get any show with Non-Whites the Award.
• Walnut Creek, California
I agree with you. I think of the Academy Awards as all politics anyway, and don't watch them. This year's Best Picture choice was obvious politics. I'm a bleeding heart Liberal, but I tire of PC.
@tallawah (9724)
• Kingston, Jamaica
I have never been PC... I would surely be put.. in the American scale as far left... but a lot of stuff esp. this phoney 'liberalism' doesn't work with me
• Walnut Creek, California
@tallawah It doesn't work for me either. It's so people can feel good about themselves. But often it's at the expense of the very people they claim to be sensitive to.
@tallawah (9724)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@TheHorse It's just play. People just pretend, then vote for Trump. The Academy Awards shouldn't be subject to 'colour'. It's like protesting that Vanilla is the most popular flavour of ice cream.
I love!
@tallawah (9724)
• Kingston, Jamaica
This is why I think the 'mistake' was made. People in the Academy did a deliberate slip up with the Envelope to make a statement to the World.
@tallawah I still don't believe in that mistake.
@tallawah (9724)
• Kingston, Jamaica
@TheInvisibleMan I find it very strange myself. That after 80 years and no mistake ever made...? I think it was deliberate.