Is Teaching A Calling Or Profession

@stbrians (15183)
Kakamega, Kenya
Teaching used to be a noble profession. Bit today it has taken a new twist. Should teaching be a calling? To handle a child successfully needs a calling.
It is a job that will be loved by all teachers. A profession that you have to love doing.
Seconded.
@stbrians (15183)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Amazing answer this is. I love that answer. Be blessed
@stbrians (15183)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@MALUSE Yeah, I love the answer
A teacher should like children. I was a teacher for 40 years. Seeing teaching as a calling seems exaggerated to me. Besides, it has a religious touch I don't like. It is a profession. @jstory07
@stbrians (15183)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I agree yet I think if God does not put in you a love for children and what you put into them then the teaching nob will be useless. I was a teacher too for almost 35 years
@stbrians You don't have to be a believer in order to be a good teacher. I disagree strongly with the notion that the job will be useless if a teacher is not religious. I know that you don't agree, so let's stop the discussion here.
@sans224 (1833)
Its a noble profession. i am proud that my parents were teachers. and many times i wondered with the respect old students give them. even i get a part of that love.
@stbrians (15183)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Hail be to all teachers. Thanks
@Rekhanshi (399)
• New Delhi, India
I have seen people choosing this profession out of many other reasons except that they love to teach. May be because it seems easy to them, may be its comfortable, and sometimes they don't find other job. I think a teaching is the most responsible job, it builds the future of a person. I being a professor never approved this to take up this profession until you really feel like and have a passion to teach. Since i personally chose it because I love to teach and believe teaching is also a life long learning process. We learn so much from are students as well. I think I am blessed to be a teacher.