Something Else The Doctor Warned Me About

@Hate2Iron (7325)
I was so relieved to hear that my biopsy came back positive that I forgot to tell you the other side of the equation. He asked that what I have and I can't remember what he called it was usually found in diabetics. I have been pre-diabetic for years now so now I am wondering if I have made the big leap to full diabetic? So yesterday, I decided to see if I could go an entire day without sugar. That is a huge endeavor for me. Of all the things to inherit from my parents, it would be diabetes from my mom and a sweet tooth from my dad! Anyway, I did get through yesterday with no added sugar. Now what I am going to do with my Christmas stash of candy (that I dip into about once or twice a day tops) I have no idea. I think that I'm going to have to go over to a diabetes site and see what the latest info is. I'm careful, but not as careful as I could be!!
Just slowly cut back and it will be easier to adjust to the change.
I am sure I should be more careful than I am with sugar.
I think doing some research on how to prevent diabetes is the way to go. I should do the same since a few relatives on both sides of my family have developed diabetes.
@FayeHazel (10731)
Good for you! I hate to say it, but carbs also are like the next thing to sugar. Perhaps you could get some of those sugar free candies?
• Pamplona, Spain
I am careful with sugar not too much and not too little. I am always trying to do without sugar in all the ways that I can. Even though I am not diabetic.
I'm sorry you crossed that line. It runs heavy in my family too, but so far I'm free of it.
@AutumnSnow (4625)
Its all about balance and moderation. I tried to do the same thing too and end up not doing so good. I've learned if I allow myself just a little I do a lot better. I also try not to keep a lot of it around like I used to.
@reskyyandi (3841)
My grandma die because diabetic So, we are really carefully use sugar
@LoriAMoore (9614)
Please try to stay away from the carbs and sugars. Hubby is diabetic and I fight this fight with him every day.
Diabetes can be quite a bother if one is not careful with one's diet. I am spared so far.
I was given a lot of chocolate over Christmas and I am trying to lose weight. We had a couple of get togethers with others and I took my tins of chocolates along and shared them with others. At least it left me with a few less to eat myself.
@ridingbet (36277)
although we have a cheat day, still one must be careful about the food she takes in, especially diabetics like you. me, i have to restrict myself from dark green leafy vegetables because these have high vitamin K content
Good luck controlling your blood sugar. I am diabetic and control mine through diet and exercise. So it can be done