Number ones and number twos.

@xFiacre (10367)
Ireland
It's election day. Not where you are perhaps but here it is time again to practice writing the letter X, although what we actually get to write is 1, 2, 3 and so on. I have 14 candidates to rank in order of my preference and I will start at 14 and work my way up so that the least objectionable candidate will get my number 1. If you ask me, it's really all number ones and number twos, but it took us eight months last time before we got to flush them all away and get a nice clean toilet to fill all over again.
@WorDazza (8406)
• Manchester, England
I'm surprised anyone votes with that system. A simple yes/no question in the EU referendum was too much for over a quarter of voters to contemplate!!
@xFiacre (10367)
@wordazza If there's a complicated way of doing it we'll find it.
@WorDazza (8406)
• Manchester, England
@xFiacre I can understand a transferable vote system if you only have to choose maybe 3 candidates in order of preference. Surely once you get past the first couple of preferences everyone else is pretty much of a muchness and falls into the category of 'prefer NOT to elect them'.
@xFiacre (10367)
@WorDazza Oh now if Im taking time to vote I want full value so I rank them all. Last time it went right down to the wire in my area. We do like a good election over here.
@topffer (29915)
• France
I do not understand well : you write a list to eliminate 13 and choose 1, or you can write several names on a ballot paper ?
@xFiacre (10367)
@topffer We put all the candidates in order of preference starting at number 1. Then there is a complicated system that few people understand whereby five candidates are elected, but those who have above a certain number of votes can give their extra votes that they don't need to another candidate.
@topffer (29915)
• France
@xFiacre The counting of votes should take hours with a system like that.
@xFiacre (10367)
@topffer sometimes it takes days.
We have elections in just over a week. Our local 'progress association' sort of group went through all the candidates stating positives and negatives. All got dozens of negatives as regards their policy and effectiveness and some didn't get any positives at all. Doesn't look good for the future.
@LoriAMoore (9614)
Haha, I knew there'd be a toilet reference when I saw the title.
@xFiacre (10367)
@loriamoore What else could there be!!!
@reskyyandi (3841)
Election day?? I have never look that word before