Hospital Again

By Gill
@Gillygirl (17623)
Sutton, England
Good morning to everyone. Had a COPD flare up yesterday and had to go to hospital. Had back to back nebulisers. Breathing is okay now but feel very sick from medication. Unfortunately side effects can be nearly as debilitating as an illness. I'm now way behind with notifications although I did put a little time in yesterday. Not sure when I'll be back online. I'm going to rest up more.
I am sorry, do not worry about notifications, try to rest and take care of yourself.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
I'm gradually coming around now. Just taking it easy and resting. Got bored so resting on settee with laptop.
@Gillygirl I can understand that you feel bored doing nothing, but do not overdo.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck I'm feeling tired so logging out now and watching TV.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I stopped by yesterday and was so surprised not to see you. You just take care of yourself and feel well real soon. Giant hugs to you.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thank you there has been a vast improvement in last hour. I had a threatened flare up not long ago so ran out of rescue pack. This may have been Asthma as I'm coming back rapidly now. At least they didn't make me stay in hospital. Blood test showed no infection either.
@Gillygirl I'm glad to hear you are feeling much better, have no infection, and didn't have to stay in the hospital. I'd stock up on those rescue packs if at all possible.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN I went to my doctor this afternoon as they like to follow up after a visit to Accident and Emergency. I got a spare pack. The witch doctor used to tell me off for going to hospital as it cost the surgery £300. It costs them nothing if the visit is out of practice hours.
Hope that your rest will help get rid of all of the nasty sickness the nebulizer treatment gave. Rest first, notifications later.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
The effects of the nebs have worn off now and just waiting for steroids to kick in to get rid of inflammation.
@Gillygirl Well I do hope they've long since kicked in and that you are back to normal. Did you ever get clearance for flight?
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@ScribbledAdNauseum I am much better after a long sleep. I am okay to fly short haul but husband doesn't want me to risk it yet.
@fishtiger58 (30316)
• Momence, Illinois
I hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thank you I'm gradually coming round. Just need to rest as tired.
@fishtiger58 (30316)
• Momence, Illinois
@Gillygirl Hope you get all the rest you need.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@fishtiger58 I didn't get up until 11am today. Had a good long sleep and feel a bit better for it.
@ShifaLk (8581)
Please take care
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thank you I am taking great care as I don't wish to have a long stay in hospital again.
@ShifaLk (8581)
@Gillygirl yes. It's one of the worst experiences to be in hospital
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@ShifaLk I was in there so much last year I don't wish for that to happen again.
• New Delhi, India
Take rest dear
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thank you!
• New Delhi, India
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@amitkokiladitya I am much better than I was yesterday.
@besweet (7223)
• Greece
Sorry to hear that Gill. How long are you going to stay in the hospital to fully recover? Get well soon!
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
I wasn't admitted to hospital but went to emergency. They weren't going to let me home. I am having my meds in my house now as I hate being in hospital. Spent too much time there last year.
@besweet (7223)
• Greece
@Gillygirl Hospitals are sad places, I don't like them either. It is good to have a doctor watching over you now, I hope they will send you home soon.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@besweet I am at home and having my meds here. Still very tired.
@pammooratan (4676)
Take rest..and medicines too.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thank you I am resting and taking my medicine.
@Gillygirl Hoping you will recover soon.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@pammooratan
I hope you are better now.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thank you coming round more gradually but very tired.
@Gillygirl rest well so that you will get better fast.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@nottoooldtowrite I will as I have rushed things with previous flare ups. Got so bored that I am mylotting on and off. Will have to stop when hubby comes back in as he told me not to use the computer.
• Trinidad And Tobago
Do rest up...hope you feel better. Is COPD a severe condition?
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
It is a disease where lung function reduces over a period of time. The only way to treat it is with inhalers to slow the disease down.
• Trinidad And Tobago
@Gillygirl So sorry to hear. It sounds really terrible. Have you additional alternative remedy?
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@Gita17112016 No I don't believe in them.
Don't worry about keeping up. Compared to your health it isn't important. Everyone (of any consequence) will understand. Sorry you've had a flare up.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thanks coming round more now and taking care not to have to go back and be admitted properly which is what happened many times last year.
@Gillygirl It sounds a continual juggle.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@JudyEv It can be as in the past I have left it a little late to call for help. I didn't this time so no admission to hospital thankfully.
@FayeHazel (22123)
Get your rest, it's important. I hope you feel better soon
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
I've rested a lot today as was so tired. Went to my docs this afternoon and got a spare rescue pack.
@scheng1 (24741)
My goodness, that sounds as bad as drowning! I hope that you are all right now. Is there a way to bring it under control forever? It must be terrible to live with such condition, almost like living with an unpredictable time bomb.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
There is no cure just medicines to control it. I had managed with going to emergency all winter but flare up was sudden.
@Fleura (7435)
So sorry to hear you have been having so much trouble, I hope it will be transient.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thanks still feeling very rough so mylotting for a while to take my mind off it. At least the sickness has gone.
You will be missed, but take as much rest as you need.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thanks sickness has gone but still feel very shaky and disorientated. Thought I'd spent 30 mins or so on here to keep my mind off it.
@PainsOnSlate (20859)
Get well soon and take care of yourself, we all get behind at times...
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thanks I won't be on here too long but it is helping take my mind off it.
@Ronrybs (8115)
• London, England
Hope you get better soon, there can't be much worse than illnesses that repeatedly flare up
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
It's vile when a big flare up starts. I had an arterial gas test which showed my oxygen level at 92%. I am using and oximeter at present to monitor it. It's hovering around 93% and needs to come up more.
@Poppylicious (10096)
Rest and recovery are far more important than anything else. Look after yourself ... *huggles*
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
Thanks not so sick but oxygen levels still a bit low. Bored with resting so come online for a while.
myLot is the last thing that you should be worrying about in your condition. . I agree with you about medicines having side effects. There is no medicine that is free from side effects.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
The nebulisers made me feel so sick and dizzy. This has worn off now. Feel a bit shaky and oxygen level not brilliant at 93%. Am taking constant rest.
@mysdianait (64381)
So sorry to hear that you are sick Rest and take care and get back when you are fit again
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
I was admitted to hospital so many times last year I am worried that this is going to happen again. I'm a bit better but watching my oxygen levels carefully.
@mysdianait (64381)
@Gillygirl Oh dear I surely hope that will not be the case! I must go and check your posts to see what exactly that iillness is
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@mysdianait I've only discussed it layman terms Diana. Here is a link to the NHS site about COPD. I've been reluctant to discuss the medical aspects as I know other COPD sufferers on here. Everybody is affected differently. My problem is more chronic bronchitis more than anything else.
Find out about the main treatments for COPD, including inhalers, medication and surgery in rare cases.