It's not polite to interrupt the beauty sleep of ugly people, they need it

I hate being woken up. Especially when I have just gone to bed and I am in that hazy area between being fully asleep and being awake. Especially when it is dark out, and there are no lights on, yet some fool goes ahead knocking on the door until I finally get up to answer it. Them: "Oh, did I wake you up?" Me holding Scar so he doesn't go out the door: "Yes, I was in bed." And then they step forward, making me step back, and they come in and start to shut the door behind them. So I straight told them "Don't shut that, you can't stay, I am going back to bed." I think they might have been drunk, I'm not sure, but the porch light wasn't on, the house lights weren't on. and I had just told them I was in bed. They seemed to think they could just come in and sit down and...whatever. So I turned the rudeness up about 5 notches and basically asked them "What the (expletive deleted) do you want?" And do they tell me then? No. They start asking why I am in bed so early...and when I say "Because I get up at 2 AM" they want to know why, and where I am working, and all this other crap. So I finally got him to state what he wanted. Seems he has to move from the house he lives in, and wants to sell his stereo, and wants to know if I want to buy it. *at this point in my narration, Scar insists I hold him for a few* *okay, I can continue now, he left* "Dude...you woke me up for this?" Let me get this part clear: I have glass windows in my front door. A very sheer curtain is over them. You can see there are no lights on. You can see I am having trouble keeping my eyes open. I have just told you I was in bed. What is it with people? So I finally got rid of him by saying I would come by today and look at the stereo. But I won't. I know what his stereo is...I don't need it. I just wanted him to leave so I could go back to bed.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Some people don't read clues well at all.unlss it's an emergency I don't think I would knock on someone's door when all the lights are out.. ..then if someone answers the door all bleary eyed I think impound apologize and offer to come back another time.
And it's not like it was a real friend...we used to hang out 'back in the day' but he hasn't been to my house for years
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@JolietJake rude, rude...
This is definitely rude! Some people cannot understand, I hope he will not come back if you do not go there to have a look at his stereo.
@Asylum (48281)
• Manchester, England
You are right, ugly people really do need their beauty sleep. Now shut up and let me sleep a little longer.
Some people are so rude - or are they just thick? or maybe both. Thick and rude - yeah, that sounds about right.
Some people can't get a clue.
@allen0187 It would be good for someone that didn't have one...or that didn't know much about them.
@JolietJake not that good eh.
@minx267 (14567)
• Hartford, Connecticut
They are awake... and you must be also. Some people don't understand common courtesies and how they should work. I knew when I heard this on the MCM that this would be good a Mylot story. lol
The worst part was he pissed me off enough that it took a half hour to get back to sleep
@minx267 (14567)
• Hartford, Connecticut
@JolietJake hey a half hour is pretty good in my book. when people get me riled up when I am sleeping it sometimes take me hours to get back to sleep and that pisses me off even more.
@GrannyGee (1768)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
Your title made both Skip and I laugh! Oh my ... I don't open my door at night time! I know you were prepared in case someone wanted to hurt you, gracious!
@Nawsheen (23076)
• Mauritius
I just hate it when people disturb me when im sleeping
@besweet (7230)
• Greece
I would just let them knock on the door until they leave. If something is so important to wake me up, I would get an emergency phone call first. I found your reaction very polite!
@sishy7 (27647)
Rude... neighbors?
Nope, he lives on the other side of town.
@sishy7 (27647)
@JolietJake double rude of him then!
Totally annoying.
And then some
I moved and told no one where I moved because of that same crap.
@sabtraversa (13326)
Woah, nice "neighbors" you have. He could have had a reason, but that was so rude of him.
that's impressively rude, him not you
Why did you answer the door ???
Because I thought it was someone else.
@JolietJake ah well then next time, ask and then decide if the door should just stay closed and you can go back to beddie bye !
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
That is not an appropriate way to sell your stuff. There are many legit channels to do this for free. You don't just knock on people's door on inappropriate times to ask them if they want to buy something.
It is times like that it kind of sucks I am well known in a small town for music and such...
man on a mission.he didn't care. some people are both clueless and rude. we get people all the time that call at 11:30 pm on,because unfortunetly they know we're all chronic insomniac and are most likely up.wanna come over randomly at 1 am? fine..but you better be bringing the snacks
@tom_view (3370)
• Kolkata, India
you are right
Just too rude!
• Satna, India
they were minded sick