That Is Too Long A Discussion

@stbrians (15899)
Kakamega, Kenya
It is not so good to write a very long discussion. You might find out that many litters will avoid it. Do not also make it too short. 1. You may find yourself having repetitions which is not good. Ho straight to the point. 2. You may fix so many subtopics in the discussion. 3. Lotterss are busy people and may skip it. 4. It might not be read to the end.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
There are many longer posts written by talented mylotters. I don't skip them and judging by the high volume of responses these members get neither do other people get bored or skip them. What is a litter?
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I meant to say lotter. Am sorry the word is not in English and my dictionary spells it as litter. Am sorry. I agree you won't notice long well constructed posts Moderation is however necessary
There should be a balance.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Atleast she sort of balance. Litters are busy people. They have notifications to clear apart from reading and commenting on discussions. A balance is needed
I think it depends in how interesting it is. But sadly if the readers got bored to the first paragraph they might really skip reading and comment to it. Better to put sub discussion or follow up discussion. God bless.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Correct there. Subheadings may help there. Interesting discussions may be long and nobody will notice the length
Very long discussions may even be good, but tend to end up being boring.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That I'd why the length must be checked. Make them not too long,
@stbrians That's a good thing to do.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@TheInvisibleMan At yes there are litters who ignore this andake tj too long without any special point It is as if they were forced on the lenth
• Richfield, Utah
Meh, I try to have a good balance, I know I'm a long poster at times, but im just trying to tell a story, and tell some life experiences along the way. So far, I've had great success with it. The one sentence posts, I try to avoid, as they get too general. I'm here to discuss, really discuss, get to the meat of the discussion. I think it depends on the preferences of the person
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
It also depends on the reader too. You are right that success goes with quality
@librarygeek1980 I like your posts!
• Richfield, Utah
@shaggin awe, thanks, I like yours too!
I prefer posts that have more to them then just a few short lines about nothing. They do seem to get more attention the shorter posts but am don't care I like mine longer even if that means less people read my posts.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Interesting long ones are not bad. When boring is when problems come. Too short ones are not good either
@stbrians exactly like @kandae11 said there should be a balance. Not to long not to short.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@shaggin You know people are in for too short ones with nothing in it to quickly get away with
I write them at various lengths. It depends on the topic. I don't like short posts, they have nothing to say.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Since it is a discussion, I thought you leave room for the others to add something. Why exhaust everything for them?
I agree with you in that the very short posts having nothing in them
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@shaggin The two short ones are no good either
@Nawsheen (22922)
• Mauritius
I agree. Long discussions sometimes can become very boring to read. I think when we write something we should come straight to the point and skip the irrelevant things
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That is the point. I read one discussion which had many repetitions. Another had so many things packed into one.
@Nawsheen (22922)
• Mauritius
@stbrians indeed
@pammooratan (4676)
I am agree to you.I probably write not bigger and not shorter.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That is fine. Consideration is necessary. However when we write the factor should be to convey the message
@stbrians Yes I am fully agree to you.
@mysdianait (64282)
We all have choices. We can choose to read or not read a long discussion, to respond or not respond on a long dioscussion, to post or not to post a long discussion. For me a post for discussion is like a meal in a restaurant. If there is nothing to bite on I will not return.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
That is very well put. Nobody would have put it better. If it is long but no meat to bite then no mylotter will return to your discussions. I hope that is what you are saying? And mylotters will go to restaurants which cook well. Sometimes it matters not if they serve too much.
@mysdianait (64282)
@stbrians Exactly my point!
@reskyyandi (3688)
Yeah, you are right. I don't like to read a long discussion, I more like "to the point" person
Sometimes I will avoid very long discussions. English is not my native language. So reading difficult English is a challenging for me. The worse is I may not understand it because our backgrounds are different.
@KrauseHome (35507)
For sure. Longer discussions are best left for other Writing sites you might be able to earn more from.