She Got Arrested

Otis Orchards, Washington
The other day I was in my office working (well, playing) on my computer when I saw something out of the corner of my eye outside the window. I looked. A police car parked right in front of my house. Then another pulled up behind it. I thought I was in big trouble. For what, I had no idea. I watched as the cops went down the street to a neighbor’s house. One cop went into the house and the other stayed outside. The man who lived there with his wife, daughter and her infant son, and his son was walking around outside, out of the way of the police. Soon the daughter came out of the house with the cop that went into the house. She was carrying her purse. They took her across the street and started talking to her. A sheriff’s car pulled in and a seven-foot cop got out of the car. He spread his arms out as if he was saying, “What the hell?” I couldn’t hear but I assumed the conversation was about something she had done some time ago and the cop thought it was not going to do it again. I had seen a sheriff’s car parked in front of the house about six months ago but didn’t know why. It appeared this cop knew this woman. She is in her twenties. I used to see her and her brother, five years ago, for two years, walking down to catch the school bus. Three years ago I didn’t see either one of them walking to the bus. About two years ago she was pregnant and apparently moved out of the house because I would see her drive in and, after a bit, leave. This summer she was back. I would see her walking down to get the mail. I said, “Hi,” to her a couple of times and she seem to be a very nice young lady, but I really didn’t know her. Anyway, after this giant cop got done chewing her out, if that’s what he was doing, she hand her purse to one of the other cops. He took it to the back of the car, set it on the trunk and searched through it. The big cop had her turn around and he put handcuffs on her. The cop who took her purse put it in the backseat of the sheriff’s car and left the door open. The big cop took her over closer to the car and patted her down. Then she walked over and got into the backseat without any help. The big cop when over and closed the door. The three cops gathered at the back of the sheriff’s car. By the way the big cop was moving his hands around and putting them on the side of his head, I figured he was telling the other two that he was frustrated that the woman was in trouble again. After a bit they broke up and left. I don’t know if my thoughts are accurate since I couldn’t hear what was being said. And I have no idea why she was arrested and may never know. I just hope whatever it is she gets her life straightened out. Have you ever seen any of your neighbors get arrested?
That is strange maybe she was being taken in for questioning or something. If she was being arrested I think they would have handcuffed her.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
They eventually did. But at first I just thought they wanted to talk to her for some reason. But once they cuffed her I don't think it was for any other reason than to arrest her. They certainly wouldn't have patted her down if all they wanted to do is question her.
@RichardMeister I did see that she was patted down but not that she was handcuffed. I thought she just got in willingly and went with them.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
@shaggin Five paragraphs down in the middle: The big cop had her turn around and he put handcuffs on her.
Hard to say what went on but if the cuffed her then she was under arrest for something. I have seen it happen a number of times. It always makes you wonder what's going on. I hope she gets her life together. The part that makes me sad is that she has an infant son.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Yes, it is sad that an infant son is in the picture.
I seen a friend get arrested once and that was enough for me.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I was with a cousin when he got arrested back in the late 1960s. He had a check his dad supposably gave him. He tried to cash it and the owner of the company called the cops. I found out later that he wrote the check out himself. Luckily, the cop believed me when I told him I knew nothing about him writing out the check.
@reskyyandi (3690)
No, I don't have any experience like that That is so strange
Nothing that exciting happens here - thankfully!
@reskyyandi (3690)
@KrauseHome (35034)
Yes, that used to happen a lot around here where I live and some for some interesting things. But I just chalk it up to people not ready to change and eventually hope they will.