Working Women

@magallon (16797)
During the old times, women were not allowed to work outside home. They do not even have the privilege to have education. They said , there is no use of sending them to school because once they get married, they will just stay at home and take care of the family. Nowadays, working women can be seen in any working place. In some company, men are even outnumbered by women. Many women occupy higher positions or even the head of a department or agency. Even jobs for men only had been invaded by women too. How come this things happened? I am sure you already know the answer.
I think it's great that woman are now doing so well. I wish marriage was forever so more woman could stay home though.
@magallon That would be one reason to go out there to work.
@magallon (16797)
@sharon6345 Yeah, it's my only choice. To go out and work for a living.
@magallon That I understand as I worked for years before my mental health changed. I struggled to work even with it.
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
Proud to be a woman :) A woman's place is not only to look after the house and produce babies. Woman are intelligent and have lots of skills and capabilities which can be put to good use. Nowadays we have many women who are leaders.
@magallon (16797)
That's true. Most women that I know are more wiser and smart than men. I can say that women are more work oriented than men..
@Nawsheen (22849)
• Mauritius
@magallon My supervisor at work is a man. And lately he has been praising us woman and said that he loves the way we work as we always pay attention to details
@magallon (16797)
@Nawsheen yeah that's true. if only women have no other responsibilities aside from office jobs, women would be the most successful individuals on earth.. It is only that , they have to divide their time between work and home. They cannot focus and give their all to the job because they still have to think about home and children plus the husband.
@tzwrites (3188)
Women are working too much now it seems
@magallon (16797)
Yes. Almost all men jobs are done by women today. Sometimes men are not needed because women can easily fill in and do their jobs.
@stbrians (11818)
• Kakamega, Kenya
No, I don't know the answer. Tell me. Why have women climbed ranks.
@magallon (16797)
Maybe because of the modern times. Or maybe because of realizing that life is not easy with only the husband earning for the family.
@Keyia120 (414)
I mean we show that we can be just as good as the men. I mean some still stay home like me I am fortunate to do so cause my hubby is in the service but I want to work outside of home because I want my own career. I am home but still work because I want to have my own business and I am hoping to have that before my hubby leaves the service. I know women that still want to be old school but in my opinion it can't always be like that. Then you have men wanting to take the stay at home dad role for a bit. I love my boys and I love keeping my home clean but in the end I need to use my degree and get into law school so that I can become a Lawyer unless my novels do really well but I want to do both. I want to do my legal career and keep writing my novels. I am glad that women are getting the chance we deserve but we have some women that complain which sends us back a few years lol.
@magallon (16797)
I also had a chance to talked to a full time housewife, and like you said, she also wants to work and have a job of her own. Use her degree and earn on her own. I really envy those housewives who just stay at home. Though they have to do the household chores, they are still lucky because they are just staying at home.
@CoralLevang (37066)
And then there are places that are still so backwards that they do not allow women. In America, however, we may be able to get the jobs, but there is still a difference in what women get paid for jobs than what men get paid in the same jobs. There might be many reasons, but there is truth to it.
You’ve probably heard that men are paid more than women are paid over their lifetimes. But what does that mean? The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap explains the pay gap in the United States, how it affects women of all ages, races, and education leve
@magallon (16797)
I do not know that there is a thing called pay gap between men and women. That is like discrimination of gender.
@CoralLevang (37066)
@magallon I hope you read the article.
@magallon (16797)
@CoralLevang yeah i have read it. And i can't believe that there is really such a thing as difference in salary between men and women in the US. My sister is working as a nurse in one of the hospitals in Maryland, but she hasn't told us any story about that salary gap. I just wonder if she knows about it.
@ridingbet (34645)
there are working women, and now, there are also housebands, and it is reality.
@magallon (16797)
that's true. Househusbands are common now. Sometimes, I ask myself, aren't they ashamed That they are just staying at home doing nothing? Especially those whose wives are working abroad. these househusbands are just waiting for the remittances from their wives and use it for their other women or their vices.
@ridingbet (34645)
@magallon i believe housebands are already accepted in our culture. at least the husband is not ashamed to take the place of the working wife. it is hard for a man to do the cleaning of the house, cooking meals, tending the kids, and washing clothes. i salute to the housebands.
@magallon (16797)
@ridingbet It is good if the househusband is responsible. My sister's husband stays at home now. He do everything at home leaving nothing to be done for my sister. He is very responsible when it comes to the works at home. He was a seaman before but when their children graduated in college, he doesn't want to work on a ship anymore.
@annierose (17241)
I understand. That was the point of view of my other uncle too. He has daughters that want to study but he did not help them to reach their dreams. Because of that, they just chose to marry early.
@magallon (16797)
They look down on women. They do not realize the importance of women.
@reskyyandi (3751)
I think it's good woman can do that I really proud with woman can make money for her self
@magallon (16797)
It is different if you earn your own money. You don't hesitate to buy the things you want because it is your own money that you're going to spend.