Brrr, The Banana Belt is Cold!

Good morning to you from Southwestern Ontario. Better known as the Banana Belt area, way down at the bottom of Ontario if that helps you. This morning is -5C, which is 22 on the Fahrenheit scale. And although it is bright and sunny, that IS cold. And it doesn't promise to get a lot warmer by the end of the day. Its hard to believe that a week ago today was 21C or 70F, that was somehow much easier to take! Thankfully my winter coats were still hanging in the closet, as this time of the year is often unpredictably different from day to day. How are things in your neck of the woods this fine Friday morning?
Tomorrow should be 32C for us. We intend to get up early and start work on getting outside work organised for our last house concert for the summer.
That is really going to be a warm day, do you have the humidity there? We get that quite badly, and on those hot days it just drains you. Enjoy that last house concert tomorrow.
@Juliaacv The concert is Friday but we like to space ourselves. Mostly it's not too humid here but yesterday was bad.
Yesterday we had a wonderful sunny day, the temperature had reached 18 Celsius, it looked like spring. Not today we are back at 2 Celsius and it rains, a lot of rain.
Such is March, its easier to take this in March then in April. Let's just hope that the warmer weather is here for that month.
@Juliaacv Let's hope, I agree that is better to have a pretty cold March but a warm April. April is important for the trees and plants.
@LadyDuck I really felt the cold today because my hemoglobin is low and I'm cold before I go outside!
@Trensue (5265)
It is dark and chilly here. It 19 degrees F. I sure hope the sun comes up.
I hope that the day turns around for you too. The only good thing about this, besides the fact that its Friday, is the bright and beautiful sunshine. The bitter cold is hard to take.
• Ujung Pandang, Indonesia
yes hopefully sunrise
The sun is shining this morning in the Los Angeles area.
The sun is shining here too, but I'm sure that your air temperature is much warmer then ours is! Yikes.....it is so cold today. I need to run a couple of errands in a little while and I just dread going out.
We were in that range on Friday too, then it changed over the weekend. Today we're in the 50's again and all my wonderful snow is melted. I had never heard about the Banana Belt. Interesting.
I don't know why they call it that, but they do......
@Juliaacv I just looked at the map of Ontario and there isn't anything to suggest a banana by the way the map is in the southwestern part of the province. I think a little research is needed.
@just4him check this out.....
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search WikiProject Canada / Ontario (Rated Start-class, Mid-importance) CanadaWikipedia:WikiProject CanadaTemplate:WikiProject CanadaCanada-related articles This article is within the scope of Wiki
Same as yours.Very cold and still windy
That Groundhog lied to me, he told me it would be an early spring......he just waits until I see him again!
@Juliaacv he lied to everyone.What does he know.LOL
Right now it is -12 C meaning 10 F. Not enjoyable at all. Did not know that we had a the Banana Belt area here in Canada.
It was a very clear night last night here and its an exceptionally cold morning with lots of heavy frost sparkling in the morning sunlight. The Banana Belt is just south west of where you live.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search A banana belt is any segment of a larger geographic region that enjoys warmer weather conditions than the region as a whole, especially in the wintertime. The term "banana belt" is broad eno
@Juliaacv Thanks for the link , I don't know why I never heard of that name.
@marlina You're welcome!
@Morleyhunt (16548)
March 25 is a day I use to show weather contrasts. In 1982, the QEW was closed at Jordan because of a severe winter storm....lots of snow......how do I know? I was waiting for my husband to bring our three daughters to see their new baby brother. Flash forward....2000.....my niece got married...the sun was shining...it was at least 16C/61F. Their wedding photos were taken outside. It looked and felt like spring.
I hope that there are no late March winter storms this year, and a little more warmth would be nice. I'd like to pack the bulk of my winter clothing, but I don't dare do that just yet.
@Morleyhunt (16548)
@Juliaacv it's a late Easter...that usually means a late spring. One year we had snow on Mothers Day.
@Morleyhunt I remember that! It was not too long ago, our son was up north participating in a Tuff Mudder weekend competition.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
The sun is out and it's deceptively beautiful out there, Frigid is the word I use for today.
That word fits perfectly!
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv It does lol.
@LoriAMoore (9916)
Why is it called the Banana belt?
I don't know why, I think it is because we are the most southern point of Canada.
@PatZAnthony (11799)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It has been crazy all season. Today is gorgeous, but tomorrow we expect it to be 30 degrees cooler. Wonder it they are right? Never heard it call the Banana Belt before. That will be easy to remember.
It doesn't make any sense to me either. There are a lot of greenhouses in our region, where they grow vegetables, fruits and medical weed.
Cold here!!! Our Chicago suburb is around 26F (-3C). At least the cold brings sunshine.
That sunshine is very deceiving. Thank goodness for heated seats in our SUV, otherwise, I wouldn't have gone anywhere today!
Started out around 29 F at 2 AM, supposed to get up around 39 today, but possibly 61 tomorrow...
You need to send us some of that stuff.
@reskyyandi (3841)
My day is great so far
It has been very cold here the last three days. But supposed to be back up to the 50's tomorrow.
It was a very pretty day with a cool breeze.
• Portland, Connecticut
It was cooler here today too, high 60's and low 70's.