I possibly will regret it

Marion, Kansas
I am going to bed. It is not quite 8 pm. Hubby has already gone. I may wake up in the middle of the night and have to get up and wake up, since it is so early. This has been an exhausting week due to behaviors of our students and being short handed. All the students in school have been behaving chaotically. So that makes me tired as well. For a novel, yet economical evening meal, hubby met me at the lake just outside of the town where I work. He brought food to make sandwiches from. It was nice to look at the water and to try to see if wildflowers were coming up yet. They are not. It was very breezy at the lake, but the fresh air added great flavor and gusto to our sandwiches and chips. Then we remembered that we have ice cream here at home. We drank cups of hot coffee and ate bowls of ice cream. Both of us are tired and sleepy. I am only here because I know I did not visit at all this morning. I have to at least stop by. This is a three day weekend for me and I plan to enjoy it.
It's best to sleep when your tired. I slept in something terrible today. I could not believe my body needed that kind of rest.
• Marion, Kansas
I think my body could use a nap on most days, but I do not get one.
• Portland, Connecticut
It sounds like you need it after your work week. There is nothing like a picnic to make food taste extra good.
• Marion, Kansas
I am trying to be outdoors more all the time. It does make food taste better and I think it helps with our body clocks, getting in tune with nature.
Eating bowls of ice cream kind of ......well........... I can manage just one That is the problem sleeping early in that one tends to get up middle of the night. When I complained to my doctor about that he said only babies can sleep for long hours (lol)
• Marion, Kansas
I had one small serving of ice cream. Hubby had one larger serving of ice cream. We both went to bed early. We are now both up in the middle of the night. LOL
@GardenGerty Both up? In the middle of the night? What's going on
• Marion, Kansas
@allknowing We went to sleep too early. So now that we got up, we got online with our friends.
After a hectic day at school that sounds like such a wonderful way you and your husband ended your evening. I had a horrible day with my son. My kids are going to bed in a few minutes then I can have some time alone.
• Marion, Kansas
When my kids were little their dad was an over the road truck driver. I can sympathize with you having to be "in charge" and deal with behaviors, etc. I often would stay up too late, just soaking up the alone time.
@GardenGerty I used to always make my kids go to bed on schedule even in the summer but this past two years I let them stay up later until I go to bed on weekends etc. Yesterday my son was just awful and so couldn't take it any more. Being that I am with him the entire day I needed a little time to calm down at the end of the night so I made them go to bed at around 10. I wanted them in bed by 9 but they stall so bad. I feel better today and my son is calm this morning.
• Marion, Kansas
@shaggin Growing up my bedtime was ten. My kids went to bed around eight, then later eight thirty. As teens they pretty well set their own times. My daughter starts her youngest towards bed around 7:30, but that involves changing clothes, brushing teeth, singing and sharing and praying together and story time.
• Midland, Michigan
Yeah for your three-day weekend. I actually used to do better when my days off were split up, but now that I have at least three months looking at me I hope to do more than normal especially once I can get around better. Right now, I'm trying to figure out my sleep and do more exercises during the daytime. Tomorrow I look forward to a very small walk in front of my house with a friend who is willing to ride her bike here to walk a short distance with me. Even though I'm more stable than anyone believes right now, my husband doesn't want me going outside without anyone being home. While she's with me I hope to get some garbage outside, and get the recyclables out of the house too. I'm hoping however much we're able to walk that it will warm up my muscles so that I can do more of the exercises in one sitting, but we'll see how it goes.
• Marion, Kansas
Don't overdo it. Aren't friends like that grand? I hope you do warm up and build up strength but it will take a while and you will be impatient, I am sure.
• Midland, Michigan
@GardenGerty It ended up being too windy. We will try again another week since it may cool down again.
I forgot about the holiday! Get some good rest.
• Marion, Kansas
We are just off for a teacher work day to get grades ready.
@GardenGerty Someday told me they were off for a holiday, but I looked at my calendar and saw nothing.
@Lucky15 (33691)
That bowl of ice cream made me crave for even a cone ;)
• Marion, Kansas
Cones are great. I think I see a box of them way up in my cupboard.
@kaka135 (13484)
I always admire the teachers who can manage so many students in the class. I only take care of 3 kids, and I am always tired. Your hubby is so sweet to bring you lunch. Glad that you have a long weekend. Hope you will get some time to relax and have fun too.
• Marion, Kansas
Most of the time I am only with four or fewer students. Sometimes I am with a class and other teachers as well. Your own children are your responsibility around the clock, so it is tiring. I think it is going to be a good weekend.
I hope you get a lot of benefit from three days off work. A meal eaten somewhere a bit different is always enjoyable even if it is somewhat simple.
• Marion, Kansas
I agree there. We do not eat sandwiches often, so this was a great change of pace.
@nonersays (2688)
I hope you get to sleep the whole way through. Sometimes you reach a level of exhaustion where your body just NEEDS it. Enjoy your 3 day weekend!
• Marion, Kansas
Nope, I was restless starting after midnight. I got up at 2:30. I know some of it has to do with being congested. I will get to nap later.
@katsmeow1213 (28940)
I need more 3 day weekends in my life.. and picnics by the lake! Hope you're able to sleep well tonight!
• Marion, Kansas
We probably should have braved the wind and done some walking. I am already back up. Yes, more down time is nice and relaxed simple activity.
@Morleyhunt (16786)
Hopefully the weekend is restful and you get a chance to recharge.
• Marion, Kansas
I have so many things I want to do. The nice thing is that in two weeks we will have spring break, as well.
I am about to take a bath and turn in too.
• Marion, Kansas
Sleep well. You really do not get much or any time off.
@PatZAnthony (11813)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Having a long weekend is always nice. Hope you enjoy it and get to do things you want to do!
• Marion, Kansas
I always have too many things I want to do, but we are off to a good start.
Any time you get more days off during the week. enjoy those extra days.
• Marion, Kansas
I plan on it, the weather is going to be nice.
I hope it was a nice weekend for you!
• Marion, Kansas
Thanks, it was a very calm and relaxing weekend. How about you?
@GardenGerty mine was as well