The Repercussions of Procrastination

My family participates in a homeschool co-op that includes about 120 students. It's essentially a small school. This year, I was the crazy person to WANT to do the yearbook for our group. I'm quite the photog. And I enjoy putting together photo books for my family. So I figured it would be fun. My plan was to dedicate some serious time to it during Christmas vacation after the holidays. Lo and behold, I got sick from a gallbladder attack which made me feel pretty crummy for about 9-10 days. I had just started to feel normal again when I got a concussion. The concussion made me feel pretty inhuman for about 10 days. Of course, on top of getting behind on the yearbook plans, it was also time to start working on my taxes. So I had to postpone the yearbook while I worked on those. Now here it is: March. I need to get the yearbook DONE. We have to order it in early April to have by the end of the school year. I am using the website that the former yearbook person used. So I figured it would be a piece of cake. Nope. The formatting is a PAIN IN THE YOU KNOW WHAT... Nowhere near as simple as when I create photo books for my family. Sigh. I'm regretting my procrastinating in the fall. I should have started working on this much sooner. (p.s. can you tell I'm distracted?)
I am sure everything will get done in time. Sorry it is causing you so much stress.
yes, i think if someone else wants this job next year, i will gladly pass it along
I am guilty to be a procrastinator. I think that I always have time, so when something unexpected happens I am far behind my schedule. Good luck for your year book.
yes, the thing i failed to remember is that LIFE happens and that always throws a wrench in things
@jillybean1222 Every time that I realize I am short in time I say to myself that I must be more organized and stop procrastinating, but I never do.
@Morleyhunt (16553)
Been there, done that...sometimes I think procrastination is my middle name. I can come up with a dozen excuses and at least ten things I just have to do first. It's a good thing I can work well under pressure....just don't get in my way....I turn into a very grumpy bear.
I may be getting grumpier as this progresses. ha ha
@Morleyhunt (16553)
@jillybean1222 good luck.
@katsmeow1213 (28925)
Maybe you should get a couple others to help you out as you've been under the weather, etc and falling behind.
i'm just now sure how to share the load on this. i'm the one who has the account online to work.
I really feel for you. I do hope it comes together easily soon.
yes, i'm just very disappointed that the formatting is such a hassle
• Marion, Kansas
I love the photo, but admit to being a procrastinator as well. Yikes. I used to work well under pressure but do not anymore.
same. i think i used to thrive really. but now? it just kind of freaks me out.
I'm sorry to hear about your gallbladder attack and concussion. I hope you are better now. Procrastination for me happens ONLY when I get serious health issues (I still try to do everything during flu and colds). When I'm in terrible physical pain, and no painkiller or natural remedies work, then everything gets put on hold, and in a family, when the mother (the core of the family) is down, then the whole home is in crisis. How is it to be in a homeschool co-op? I couldn't find one where I am currently, and I tried looking up online local groups too to no avail.
@LoriAMoore (9966)
Oh yeah, procrastinating has bitten me in the butt before too.
sigh. it's all hanging over me.
and i'm still doing it
We all have our moments of procrastinating but only realize how much time we should have not wasted when the deadline is near.
yes. regret. life is full of it.
I do not see procrastination as you fell ill and therefore fulfil your target.
well, if i would have started it earlier, like in the fall, i'd be better off now
• Eugene, Oregon
Oh that sounds like a long and tedious job for a mom as busy as you are. I am a great procrastinator as well.
life is but a bunch of procrastination... sigh
@1creekgirl (8674)
Oh man, what a stressful situation. But you'll get it done. Love the photo!
yes, eventually!
@FayeHazel (11583)
Aw, best wishes, I hope you can pull it off. Gallbladder is vicious, no shame in taking time for yourself.
Good luck with your yearbook project