What do you call lonely?

I am not sure that I am feeling lonely to be honest. I am crying now and can't help it. I don't have anyone to talk to. It was ok when my friend was here but he left. I called a few people and got no answer. I feel like there is no life in here and it gets worse as the hours go by. I know I am better than I was a long time ago. My friend will call me in a little while. My mom said what I want is companionship. I am not sure if that means a man living with me but that is not true. But I just keep breaking down crying sometimes. I am better alone though so what is it? I think I should call the crisis line at least they can talk to me and help me understand better jo is not up and normally he will be with me on the phone to make that feeling go away.
• New Delhi, India
Hey Dear First of all dont feel sad. I am also working in a different state without my family. There is no one here. But still I used to find fun in every thing I do. You know firstly I also used to think in the same way but later I realized that I am not alone My God is always there with me. We used to find company in living objects but there are several other things which could be a best company. Like I found good company in my books in my music in dance in meditation. Man is not only the single way to overcome loneliness....
I been using my computer but I am tired now of it.. I need human relations at times. I am all by myself right now.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
@sharon6345 Mylot can cure loneliness because you have people to talk to in mylot.
@frank96 (117)
in a sense lonely means independent
I wish I had someone to talk to on the phone.
Lonely is when you have no one at all to talk to. You have friends.
They are sleeping.
@Samia786m (513)
Don't feel bad.We all are here for you.You can share your thoughts with us.
• Prairieville, Louisiana
Not having anybody to talk to is loneliness.
When I lived alone I remember feeling that way. I may not one to talk on the phone or visit people so I will feel all alone. Everybody seemed to be out doing something with somebody and I was sitting home alone. It didn't happen too often though because I did enjoy my alone time. It is normal to feel that way every now and then.
Ok I feel scared some time though. I wish jo would just get up and call me.
@sharon6345 that would be nice.
I guess being an only child and not fond of people, I am immune to loneliness and don't desire much human interaction.
Keep yourself busy. Doing whatever you like to do. And you'll feel better.