In Memory of Nemo Howe

@KristenH (18351)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
My brother had informed me this morning, that he had put one of his dogs to sleep this weekend. Everyone's in a funk this weekend. And it sucks, since it's his 43rd birthday weekend, too. My brother had to put Nemo to sleep. For the past year or so, he had a non-cancerous cist that had grown near his back. But from what he told me, his vet didn't know he had cancer back then, after they had run some tests. Like Marshall last fall, he had trouble walking when my brother took him for a walk with his brother Thor. But he collapsed and couldn't walk anymore. My brother had him for a little over a decade, maybe 11 years, around the same time he gave me Marshall and Wylie on New Year's Eve. I was so blessed to known him and love him. The last time I've seen him was on Christmas Eve. I did take a photo of him on Thanksgiving, though it did come out blurry. I wish the photo I had come out better to show you guys. Please send good healing thoughts and prayers to my brother, SIL, my two step-nephews, Thor, Nemo's brother, and to Jinx, the cat. I know Nemo's over the Rainbow Bridge and keeping Marshall company in Heaven. Rest in Peace Nemo. XOXO
this is, always sad. I read a story once, from a child, about a lost pet. it went along the lines of that pets have shorter lives because they are born already being wonderful beings, they don't have to learn to be kind and loving, so they dont need to stay as long. My Cam, Mouse, Strider, Sheba, and Mihr I know are there too
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Aww. You've lost more pets than me. In junior high, my mother had albino mice for a classroom pet. They had no names. We had one mother and one baby. They lasted a year.
@KristenH yeah over the years I have.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
www.
Very sorry for his loss, I'll keep your brother and family in my prayers as they grieve the passing of such a loyal member of the family.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Julia. I appreciate it. He was such a loving and sweet dog.
So sorry to hear of Nemo's passing. I am sending prayers to all who loved this wonderful dog.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Deborah. I'm sure my brother would appreciate it this week.
@Deepizzaguy (6482)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am deeply sorry for the loss of Nemo. May he rest in peace. Just remember the good times the pet was around the pain of his loss will heal as time passes.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks George. It was a shock to everyone. I'll do that.
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@KristenH I know what you feel. Losing a pet is very hard.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Deepizzaguy Thanks. My brother and I have been there, done that in the past.
The loss of a furry baby is so painful. Your poor brother.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah it was devastating for my brother. I can't believe he's been gone for almost a month, next weekend. I wish they had detected he had a cancerous cyst.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Tampa_girl7 oh dear! That's so sad.
@Tina30219 (23126)
• Onaway, Michigan
Your brother and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear it happened at the time of his birthday though.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Tina. Me too. It kinda sucked for him big time.
@Tina30219 (23126)
• Onaway, Michigan
@KristenH Yeah that would suck big time.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@sallypup (18634)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Dearest Nemo, run free in Heaven's meadows. You wait for your beloved. Dearest dog you were loved.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Lenore for that. It was beautiful.
@sallypup (18634)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@KristenH You are welcome. My own departed fur kids are a huge chunk of who I am.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@sallypup You're a sweet friend. It made me smile.
Very sad. Losing a beloved pet is one of the hardest things to do. I've been there many times and never totally recover from it.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah it is. I'll miss Nemo. He was a wonderful and sweet loving dog.
So sad! I'm so sorry for everyone's loss.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Debbi.
How sad to lose a loving companion. It would certainly have spoilt your brother's birthday.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah it was the pits for my brother. I'm going to miss Nemo too.
i'm sorry. i know how sad that is.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Jill. Yeah it's sad. I wish they diagnosed him with cancer last year when they tested his cyst. Who knew?
I'm so very sorry to hear this. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and Nemo's family.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Dianne. I appreciate it my friend. At least he's no longer in pain anymore.
Sorry for your loss. I've been through that. Nemo is now up on the Rainbow Bridge running back and forth.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Susan. So have I. He had to put to sleep, Kitty, my SIL's cat, a few years ago. Yeh he's having fun with Marshall and my late dog Buddy.
Its so hard ito lose a beloved pet I send a lot of pryers to heal the loss of Nemo remember he is at the rainbow bridge as it] will give him peace
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah it's so hard. My brother was a bit quiet today. It's so sad too. The cancer spread so fast in his body.
@dragon54u (31187)
I have had to help several dogs cross over and it's one of the hardest things you'll ever do. The only thing harder is watching a human family member die. But it's your last act of love, the last thing you can do to show them how much they mean to you so they won't suffer. I'm so sorry for your family's loss and it IS a huge loss. My 19 year old dog Cookie will probably leave me in a month or two and after that, no more pets. One, I'm 62 and any dog I got would likely outlive me and be sad. Two, I can't deal with the pain of losing them. My sympathy to your brother and everyone else who loved Nemo.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks Dragon4u. I feel your pain. If anything happens to Wylie in the future, no more pets for me. I lost Marshall last fall. So I'm in the same boat as my brother.
@PatZAnthony (11767)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
There is never a good time to lose a pet. Really sad and usually nothing can be done to make things better.
@KristenH (18351)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
True, Pat. Life does go on. At least there's no long period of grief for Wylie, and now Thor, who had lost their brothers. I'm blessed to know him for a little over a decade.