Enjoyed Riding the Bike in the Rain

Kochi, India
Today it was raining heavily in Kerala, since the early hours of the morning and as I had to go to the office I had no other option but to ride the bike in the midst of heavy rain. It was after a long gap of several months that I was riding the bike in the midst of heavy rains and really enjoyed it. Since it was raining heavily after a long gap, most of the drainage systems were under a mess and I have to encounter water logging in several areas, which made me arrive late at the office. Apart from that, I really enjoyed everything and was able to enjoy the rain and my ride equally. It is really a great experience to drive the bike when the rains are pouring heavily. I was wearing a raincoat and a helmet which saved me from getting drenched. But it was really nice to ride the bike cutting along the heavy drops of water. I was also not tired while I reached the office due to the cool climate the prevailed today in Kerala. But if it starts raining continuously for several days, then I might get bored and might not be able to enjoy the rain and ride anymore. So hope that the rain recedes in the next few hours and comes back after a small gap.
• New Delhi, India
Wow. Bike and rain..awesome.
• Kochi, India
Yes..it is an awesome experience...we usually experience it continuously from June to September every year in Kerala.
• New Delhi, India
@geopiscean its lovely. I love kerela
• Kochi, India
@amitkokiladitya Really...Then do visit this place when you get time. Have you visited this place before?
I always liked a good bike ride in the rain too.
• Kochi, India
Yeah..try it..it would be a great experience..
@geopiscean I have done it a number of times.
• Kochi, India
@TRBRocks420 Oh..is it? So you must be quite aware about the excitement of riding the bike in the rain..
@besweet (7342)
• Greece
I prefer riding the bike on sunny days. Raining makes me feel like staying home but if I have to get outside, I will walk to the subway and use the public transport to stay warm and dry!
• Kochi, India
I recommend you to try riding the bike in the rain atleast once in a year..
@besweet (7342)
• Greece
@geopiscean I think I would get wet and sick from the rain! I am not a fan of rainy weather, but I would love to go for a ride on a sunny day near the beach or on a trip to the mountains!
• Kochi, India
@besweet We must make sure that we do not get sick by not wandering too much under the rain..
@ShifaLk (7313)
Yes it's lovely to ride in rain but when it's about going to job,then it's difficult
• Kochi, India
You are right..if the rain occurs on our way back, it will be more interesting...
@ShifaLk (7313)
@geopiscean yes that's right
• Kochi, India
@ShifaLk Yeah...
@Sreekala (18782)
I think rain must give relief to the hot climate. These days the state was under severe drought and people were devastated with the hot climate. I even read some 'poojas' for getting rain. Anyway glad to know that you got relief from the hot at least for a day.
• Kochi, India
You are right Sreekala.the rain was a huge respite from the hot climatic conditions in Kerala
@Sreekala (18782)
@geopiscean Do you have water scarcity at home? H
• Kochi, India
@Sreekala Yes..the well was about to hit the bottom..but thanks to the rain...but we rely mainly on the Panchayath water connection as the water in the well is not too good for consumption...but the Panchayat water supply was also facing some shortages before the rain..
@pammooratan (4722)
Really it can be a memorable experience but you must be mor.careful about not to slip byke causing several slippy accidents be happen due to this reason.
• Kochi, India
Yes..the road is too slippery..and I am riding it too carefully..
@geopiscean Ok..then good..Anyone should be always careful.
• Kochi, India
@pammooratan Yes..ofcourse..
@silvermist (15678)
@geopiscean So it rained heavily in Cochin?But sadly the rain was not heavy.Also,the sun is out again.
• Kochi, India
Yes...but it rained heavily enough in the early hours..but now the sun is out..atleast it has managed to cool down the land..
@silvermist (15678)
@geopiscean And it is more hot than ever.
• Kochi, India
@silvermist But in Vytilla..things look somewhat cool from morning...
@megatron777 (3841)
• Guam
If there is a song "I'm Singing In The Rain", there is the discussion "I'm Biking In The Rain".
• Kochi, India
Hihi...you said it right...