Is It All for Show?

@UncleJoe (9461)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
With all the political hype circulating today, who can remember the last election. The one where Hillary ran against obama. That was quite a performance. Both barack and micheal tore Hillary to pieces describing what a despicable and underhanded couple that the Clintons were. Then she turned around and made incredibly vile claim about obama. Some of those cannot be repeated here. Don’t you find it amazing that in just 4 short years the Clintons and obamas have fallen head over heals in love with each other? Wasn’t it wonderful that for his last year in office he chose to spend our money by flying Hillary around in Air Force One to campaign for her? Oh, let’s not omit the fact that bill and hillary attended Trump’s wedding. They were all “the best of friends”. Ain’t that something. One has to wonder when the American public will wake up and realize that the only things we will ever know is what our government allows. Even that needs to be “taken with a grain of salt”. (Where does that saying come from, Lori?) In case you didn’t know, there are all kinds of things going on behind the scenes in public offices that we will never know. The only parts we see are like professional wrestling where it’s all about playing to the crowds for effect. They aren’t really combatants. They only want us to think they are.
• Riga, Latvia
I am awful tired of even hearing all the things that go on in politics. We have such a mess here and everyone is against everyone else. I don't even care about the politics here much too complicated
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That's the point I wish to make. It's all hype to keep us stirred up but what can we believe.
II am still trying to make sense out of why the Us voted in the blithering idiot Donald the trumpet of c ourse again HIllary was not a great choice either but there were other candidate I agree with what you say we the public know little of what really goes on
@dragon54u (31609)
I like your analogy to professional wrestling, that's spot on! It's hard to know what's the truth so I just assume everything is lies. In fact, my theory leading up to the election was that Trump got into the running in order to get people to vote for Clinton. I wonder how surprised everyone was when he won? I was shocked. I really thought we were doomed to get Mrs. Clinton. I'm still not convinced that Trump is his own man but we shall see. I hope for the best but expect the worst. I have heard some whispers about a Clinton run in 2020. She's like the energizer bunny--just keeps going and going and going.
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, I think Trump is his own man. That can be scary if he doesn't heed his advisers. Not too worried about hillary. I think foreign powers would rather have her hide that their money back. Irony may just catch up to her. She and bill have had quite a few people murdered.
@dragon54u (31609)
@UncleJoe Oh no, those couple dozen people dying were just coincidence. I do think that one of Trump's talents is choosing good advisors. I'm sure he's good at delegating to competent people, too. These 4 years should be quite interesting.
My husband was regional director of public affairs for the U.S. Department of Labor for 37 years. Started with Ford and retired during Obama. I do know that former Secretary of Labor, Robert Reich, is a "jerk," and that former Secretary of Labor, Elaine Chao who is now Transportation Secretary, is "totally useless." I have more dirt, but just too depressing to mention.
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
THAT is exactly what I'm talking about. Reminds me of the old game show, "Who Do You Trust?"
All for the money, fame and power... Otherwise they become saints who really wants greater good for their country people, that makes them a bit schizo while doing worst agreements in different businesses that they can gain personally.
@UncleJoe (9461)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
There are those few who try to do a few good things just to get the public to praise their ego. They don't really care about the good.
We will never be privy to actual facts.
@sallypup (26289)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm sick of living in 1984. I'd like to walk out and close the final page and be done with it.
@Morleyhunt (19539)
I remember...I Watch a lot of these shenanigans. Why the average person seems oblivious is beyond my comprehension.