Naptime

Green Bay, Wisconsin
With everything working properly, today was the day to get back in the pool. I was up at 3:30 this morning ready to get in the pool by 5. An hour plus in the pool, followed by grocery shopping and a trip to the bank and I was ready for a nap after I got my Bible Study done and posted. I just didn't expect that nap to be 3.5 hours long. I guess I was more tired than I expected. I think with the time I went to bed last night, I got a combined total of 8 hours sleep. I don't think I'll be going to bed early tonight, though I will be back in the pool tomorrow morning. It felt good to be back in the pool. The water was perfect and I felt like I had a good workout by the time I climbed from the whirlpool after being in the pool for almost a full hour. It was most likely that workout that caused the exceptionally long nap. Now I'm ready to get to work, here and on my book. I've also been working a jigsaw puzzle. I forgot what a good stress reliever a puzzle is. It helps when the brain is over worked. As pictured, I still have a ways to go with the edge, but I should have that finished some time today as well and then I can start working the inside. Okay, time to get to work. What has your day been like? Thanks for reading
Boy, you certainly keep busy! No wonder you needed that long nap. I'm in the mood for a puzzle, too! I did my walk in the wind, two loads of laundry, ironed my husband's favorite pair of white Bermuda shorts, sewed a button back on to my pajama top, washed our bathroom floor, or rather steamed it, and tried to catch up on notifications and visit some friends on myLot. Soon it will be time for a party at a friend's house for a few hours.
You were also quite busy. I got the puzzle for Christmas and decided it was time to start on it. I didn't know anyone ironed anymore. I still have an iron, but I gave up my ironing board when I moved. I haven't used it in years. I don't buy clothes that need ironing.
@just4him I'm still busy, but have been free for most of the day, minus my walk and housework. My husband helped me out by picking up some desserts for later and a dinner party tomorrow night. My husband prefers cotton and linen in the summer, which is summerlike here. Most clothes like polos don't need ironing, while the main things go to the cleaners. I wear cotton and silk, most of which need dry cleaning. I iron my own linen shorts, pants, and tops. Those are easy. My walking and bike riding clothes just need washing. I must admit that I love ironing. I find it relaxing. I even iron my sheets! Lol! Enjoy your puzzle.
@DianneN I think that's when I started hating ironing, when my mother made me iron the sheets and pillow cases, though the cases were easy, the sheets weren't.
Such an early start to a very busy day. That long nap was definitely needed. I have never done a jigsaw puzzle. Well I have added a few pieces to one another is working one, but have never completed one myself.
Sounds like you've had a great day today. My day was good, busy at work, but I only worked for a half day. I find that I'm very pre-occupied and have trouble concentrating while I'm there. This afternoon I finalized the plans for the moving pod to be delivered this week, I spoke with the insurance company regarding coverage on the contents of it, and changing the home insurance as well as that of the 2 vehicles. This isn't my thing, but am trying to line up as much information as I can on it since my hubby is out of town during office hours and cannot call from work. Tomorrow should be an easier day for me-I hope!
You're doing great with this move. By the time you get settled in, you'll be a pro at it, though I hope it will be your last move. Don't forget about the utilities.
@just4him No, the funny thing is this will only be a 12 month stay. We will stay in our son's house while he rents a place in another city, for work, and then we'll move permanently. He didn't want to sell his property, and he'll keep the utilities in his name and we'll just pay them to avoid any surcharges.
@Juliaacv I thought you were looking to buy a house. So your husband is only going to work for the company for a year, or --- Okay, you know I'm confused now.
Wow, what a productive morning - a nap would surely be in order after all that. Do you have your own pool or do you go somewhere to swim? In my college days I would wake up early to go swimming at the gym's pool - around 6am - before starting class - it felt great. I need to get off myLot and start cleaning before picking up the kids!!
I go to the YWCA that opens at 5 AM.
@just4him That's great! We used to go the Y, but for the kids classes . . . we had a family membership but I never took advantage of anything there.
@much2say It's a shame you didn't take advantage of it other than the children's classes. I love the pool.
tornado warnings and sirens kept us up till 1130 last night, then we both slept fitfully, then J went to work at 630 am, I usually get up with her, but laid in bed till almost 8, never did get back to sleep.
I woke with a niggling headache, went to the pool and the headache escalated into a migraine. I went back to bed since I couldn't do anything on the computer and just got here a short while ago, minus a headache. I did have my chiropractic appointment this afternoon. He's happy with my progress. That was my day. I hope no tornadoes touched down and no damage was done.
@just4him nothing I heard about later. I have a headache myself today, odd vision
@ShifaLk (7323)
My day is good n I wish you a wonderful health.
Thank you. I wish the same for you.
@ShifaLk (7323)
@just4him thank you
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
I do enjoy a good jigsaw puzzle. Glad you have been able to go swimming. You have been busy so not surprised you needed a nap.
Yes, it was a busy day. Puzzles are so much fun.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
@just4him I get a lot of enjoyment out of them too. I have tried some online puzzles but I prefer a real jigsaw.
good for you there.My day been fine.I got out there and walk.Play my tennis.Great.
I'm glad the weather was good for you. We have warm temps here too.
@just4him good there
I've been very tired today. I slept poorly last night.
I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I hope you do tonight.
@just4him me too!
I have a jigsaw puzzle calling my name
This one is proving difficult. I can't get the frame together. I'm going to need to go through the box one more time looking for edge pieces I missed the first time through. Have fun doing your puzzle. It can be very relaxing.
@hostessman (7146)
• Tucson, Arizona
so far today I have been fooling with the birds and dogs
Sounds like fun.
I love jigsaw puzzles but I tend to get too involved with them and end up with a sore neck and shoulders. So now I do the 100 piece ones online. It doesn't make me ache but satisfies my need for jigsawing.
I've done those as well. I like the fact I don't lose the pieces. They're lots of fun, even when I get frustrated when the pieces just keep eluding me.
When I do a puzzle I do the whole frame. My husband does the top and works down.
I know people do puzzles different. I know one person who works from the inside out with the edge last.
@katsmeow1213 (28917)
I like puzzles, but gave them up when I had kids.. they just like to make a mess of things!
I still bought them, I just haven't opened some because I didn't want the pieces to go missing with my grandkids around.
@sugartoes (34620)
• Greencastle, Indiana
my day has been nippy & lazy did one post today interacted with a bunch other posts replied back to those that hit my post did a few online puzzles just got eating now I'm fixing to take ME a 3 hr nap.
You were busy online. Enjoy your nap.
I would call this 3.5 nap better than my entire night of sleep!
I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. I hope tonight is better. It was good, now I just need to remember what day it is, after that long a nap, I tend to be on the next day already.
I am just about to sleep in a few more hours. I am still awake from yesterday. Hehehehe! It is nice that you seem in to a very good mood to start working. I think relaxing and reading your Bible makes you feel fine. God bless.
It really does. I hope you get a good night's sleep.
@FayeHazel (11533)
You must have needed the rest.
I've been laying on my back most of the day. I feel so bad my 8 will be here tomorrow. There's nothing for her to do. So I have to strip my bed and wash clothes with her so she'll have something to do. I don't want them to cancel my Aid. I will be buying a puzzle just because of you. To see if it will help calm me down when I'm anxious.