Try To Remember

Riga, Latvia
This song originally came from the musical comedy The Fantasticks. They lyrics were written by Tom Jones. There were many delightful rhymes in this now very popular song. I don’t know how many of you remember this song but I have always liked it and many different singers have versions of it. I guess one of my favorites which I have added here is by Andy Williams. No I am not trying to remember September and I know that we are in the month of March since it begins with my birthday. What I am trying to remember is that all weekend we seemed to be approaching closer to spring. The radio at one point said that we are in the midst of spring thaws. OK so who do I sue for lying to me? I woke up this morning to snow on the ground. OK I thought to myself just a little set back and it will be gone soon. Then Sid went out and came back in meowing his head off which probable meant the heck with this mom. Finally here I sit singing under my breath – try to remember the kind of spring when flowers were blooming and the snow was a thing of the past... At the moment I am going to turn on the light in my bedroom and shut the curtains tight. I don’t want to see what is happening outside. What is happening? It’s snowing so what else is new. How is your weather? Those of you who are tired of winter – are there signs of spring?
Try To Remember by andy williams - another awesome performance by the great crooner. (try to remember the kind of september/ when life was slow and oh, so me...
It seems everyone in the northern hemisphere is hanging out for spring now.
I saw the movie version of The Fantasticks so I must have heard the song but didn't remember it.
• Riga, Latvia
It was very popular for awhile but I too hadn't heard it for a long time @JohnRoberts just suddenly popped into my mind.