Race Wars of the Future

@Namelesss (1394)
There will always be differences and those differences should be honored or ignored for the most part don't you think. One thing we humans need to understand is that it is perfectly normal to not like everyone. Even plants are racist, some of them simply will not grow next to or with others. Animals too, some of them just will not associate with certain others. It's normal, it's common. It's only we humans that want to make a big deal of it and all because - why? Who knows, we humans just have a weird sense of self I suppose. So having said all that and not having written anything of my own in quite a while I figure this is good a topic as any and might be a bit fun to boot. Race Wars of the Future "Oh no, the nerve of some people, thinking they can join our group. Don't they know rubber and steel don't mix." -- "Okay, line up. Chrome to the left, Gold to the right. Hey, you two, copper goes in the rear." -- "Where in the hell did those little tar babies come from? Thought we put a ban on interconnecting." (sigh) (sighs again) Aint life grand!
@Plethos (10304)
yeah its stupid. i dont like you or disagree with you because of the skin color god gave you, i dont like you or disagree with you because of your character or opinion.
@Namelesss (1394)
So true Plethos, I wonder why it is if we don't like something we want to translate that into hate and dysfunction. It just doesn't make sense.
@Plethos (10304)
@Namelesss - to me, hate and dysfunction usually are because of an over reaction to what is just a minor inconvenience. whats the old saying? making a mountain out of an ant hill ?
@Plethos (10304)
@Lupita234 - the sadder part is that sometimes its not about racism, but since skin color is the first thing people see, then it becomes about that.
I wish all would leave the ones they dont like alone and stay to themselves.
You would think they would.
• Midland, Michigan
Cute on the story and so true on the rest. Good to see you around again, Elaine. I think I saw you recently and the forgot to search you out.
I agree with you 100% - we're not going to like everyone, and everyone is not going to like us. That doesn't mean we have to fight with them - just stay out of their way, or ignore them.
@Shiva49 (13408)
I think we are not born with prejudice but over time we acquire it through what is passed on to us. We have to break the vicious cycle of trying to get even and move ahead with the oneness of humanity embellished with the uniqueness in each of us - that is, unity in diversity that underscores the creative process. I do hope we rise above petty squabbles before the fire of destruction gets the better of us - siva
@Namelesss (1394)
You are a wise man Siva. Whatever else we do we can keep working toward this goal. Hugs
@Shiva49 (13408)
@Namelesss Thanks, we should know which to choose between love and hate. Love is enduring while hate is destructive - siva
it's sad, but true and has been since the beginning of time. People have this issue dealing with their own self esteem and self image, so it's easier to put someone else down to feel better. This is easier done if the other people are somehow 'inferior". I get issues over resources (and sometimes the same is true there, easier to marginalize if you dehumanize by racism), to a point. If we took all the money we waste on war, and fighting over said resources, and put it into research, we could prob solve all the problems
@Namelesss (1394)
I couldn't have said that better myself Jessica. Its crazy how we put so much energy into the wrong thing. If we all could just be kind and pass it along we would all have what we need.
@Namelesss sadly, the rich and people in power (not all just enough), would shoot down and bury any new and cool idea that threatened that same rich/power. The net though is starting to hurt that, inventions are going up and out they cannot bury
@PainsOnSlate (20341)
I have missed you...Cool subject for "the times", i have a hard time reading or listening to the news lately. I hate the hate but am full of it myself, I hate the fear but I'm full of it. Life ain't grand right now, its too full of stupid.
@Namelesss (1394)
Missed you as well. I do peek in on everyone from time to time. I love what you said about hate the hate and the fear but being guilty too. It certainly is full of stupid right now and think you're smart to be on your P's and Q's.
@vickyrose (2013)
• Canberra, Australia
I am a peace maker, I don't like wars of any kind, specially the physical and emotional one.
@Namelesss (1394)
I here ya. At the bottom all wars do is become emotional. We really need to get our emotions under control, they were not meant to lead us.
@YrNemo (13412)
Some people will scream loudly that there is no such thing as racist or racism.
@DaddyEvil (25164)
• Aurora, Missouri
Wow! I am surprised no race riots started because of this discussion! SMH! You never know what will set one off, either!
Humans are pretentious, we want things as we would like to be. As you said not all races are made to go along well. Let's forget about it and try to live in peace without wanting to melt.
@Namelesss (1394)
So right Anna, we don't have to like, care about or in any way give one rats patootie for anyone else. We also don't have to hate them, or cause them harm or be rude or insulting or anything else. Hugs.
@Namelesss I fully agree, we can let them alone, like some animals do not like others but this is not a reason why they harm the other specie.
• Preston, England
I hate peas but it isn't racism or anti-greenist
@FayeHazel (18491)
That is a funny look at it. Thanks for the laugh
That's part of humanity, we are all individuals and have different groups.
There will always be some people who do not like others. They should just stick to themselves and not make life bad for everyone around them.