JJ's Vinyl Madness Countdown #983

...and we're off to a rainy start on this Tuesday morning here in Illinois. Scar, of course, ran to the front door as he realized I was getting up...but when I opened it and he saw the rain, he asked what kind of MONSTER I was to try to force him out into that crap and walked away... This morning we're spinning Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass - !!Going Places!! (the exclamation marks are part of the title for some reason). Scar did finally decide he wanted to go out...at which point he went directly under the overhang beneath the front picture window and watched the rain fall. *sips coughee* And this is how it is on this Tuesday morning...stay tuned for more excitement and adventure coming soon!
I was surprised to learn this was actually the b-side of the single "Zorba The Greek" . The single version is a dedicated mono mix with some extra honk sound...
You realise you've changed his name but who cares. You're amongst friends here.
@sabtraversa (13331)
Scat must be Scar's alter ego.
That's because he is full of (expletive deleted)
@JolietJake Your one true friend and you talk about him like that.
My parents had that album and other Herb Alpert's. I grew up listening to them and the Baja Marimba Band if you remember them.
Yep, I remember them as well
@FourWalls (15213)
My parents had this. Ahem...the album, not the cat that owned them. I'm still convinced Dad bought Whipped Cream and Other Delights for the cover, not the music.
I love how on Whipped Cream the song 'Love Potion #9' sounds like a stripper theme
Love it. Those Herb Alpert albums were awesome.
@mysdianait (64056)
That would be music for rainy days? I hadn't heard in YEARS! Once again the link you posted didn't work but I found it just the same.
Haven't heard Herby in years.
A cat and rain - not a very likely combination!