What is your biggest complain?mine is hearing aids

Good afternoon.Of to a late start here. Do you know what irks me.All these hearing aids on the market. The false advertising on some.They all guaranteed you will hear much better. Yes you will hear a lot of noise and background These are the inexpensive ones. Prices range from three hundreds to thousand of dollars. Most hearing impaired people or some have internal problem.Like the hair cell is damage like mine.Then the clarity on the aid does not help too much. Yes,you will hear clearly at times not always.In the summer when is hot. Hearing aids become funky.The atmosphere causes buzz and sometime cut off. I am sure some some have good clarity and some do not. Wish that they stop saying that your hearing will be great. I do not know if anyone has an hearing aid.But love to share your story. photo is public domaine
• Pleasant Hill, California
I can tell my hearing isn't what it used to be. Especially above 12,000 hz. Crowded rooms are hard for me. But I haven't gotten a hearing aid.
@TheHorse how about your music there.Are you able to get along with this.Have you had your hearing checked?
• Pleasant Hill, California
@amadeo I'm OK playing music. And we don't play super loud. I did abuse my ears during my teenage years, of course.
@TheHorse Most of us did.Today the young adults do not realized this.
• Richfield, Utah
Well, at least you get the variety of smaller ones, remember back in the day all there was were the big pieces of plastic behind your ears?
Mine is almost invisable, those big ones are embarassing. I learned that with hearing aids, don't waste your money on the cheap ones.
• Richfield, Utah
@1creekgirl that's good. Better to get good quality tHan to go through cheapos!
@librarygeek1980 that is correct there.The cheap ones are horrible
The more expensive ones come with background noise reduction, but you need to have the controller to be able to use that feature. You also need to make sure you have an extra battery with you in public just in case the battery chooses that point to die.
I always have my battery with me.Just in case
@amadeo I am assuming that you do not have a hearing aid with the background noise reduction. My mom didn't for a long time, and she could not hear in public. Well, that is not exactly true. Like you, she could hear all the background noise and commotion, but she could not hear and understand someone talking right next to her. It was not until she got the new ones, which were extremely expensive, that she could actually hear. Fortunately, she was able to set up a payment plan, and they last for a lot longer than her old ones did, so the money was actually well spent.
@purplealabaster I have the best.but it is now always what they say.She is lucky.I was not.I am deaf in one ear and this makes it more difficult.Most of my problem is inner ear.Which has damage to it.this is the ear with the hearing aid.What I am saying all hearing aid do not create equal
My Mom has hearing aids and she complains all the time. She bought one of the most expensive (in Italy they are covered by the health insurance), but she said that sometimes she hears well and sometimes she only hear noises.
@LadyDuck everyday is not the same.I have similar ones there.I know the feeling.Hearing aid are just a helpful devise. Does she read lips?
@amadeo No, she has an eyes problem too, she does not see well anymore, she is already 96, it's a lot of years.
@LadyDuck that is for sure there and still kicking good for her
I had no idea they are that expensive.
They are very expensive.
@jstory07 yes they are very expensive.The good one.There is a lot of cheap out there.
@jstory07 yes they are.The better one no need for this.
@LeaPea2417 (16111)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I never thought about hearing aids not being top notch in quality. Sorry it doesn't help you completely.
@LeaPea2417 it is not the hearing aid at time.The inner ear.Depends on the weather
@LeaPea2417 (16111)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@amadeo I see.
@1creekgirl (9062)
I have a hearing aid and though it's one of the more expensive ones, it's not perfect. It helps a lot, but I still have trouble understanding some words. I really need a second one, but just so expensive and insurance doesn't pay anything.
@1creekgirl I know the feelings there.No the insurance to not cover anything.Nada
@UncleJoe (9079)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
In case you haven't heard, the best hearing aid on the market is called "Magic Ear". It sells for $19.95. If you hurry you can get a second Magic Ear for free! Now, to be serious, I don't hear as well as I once did. That is a given. Unfortunately, Becky seems to get a little miffed when I ask her to repeat. If I don't ask, then I don't know what she said until it comes up later when she's mad because I don't know what she's talking about. A man just can't win.
@UncleJoe you can never win with women because we are the perfect half.
@UncleJoe (9079)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@jstory07 I know that NOW!
@crossbones27 (15596)
• Redlands, California
No hearing aid is required for me, but if it makes you feel better I cannot see for crap. Hearing aids are expensive and does indeed leave many flaws once you get one.
@crossbones27 no it does not make me feel any better.Why do you say this?
• Redlands, California
@amadeo To make you feel better, but guess did not work. Sometimes you get it right other times your do not. to me.
@megatron777 (3815)
• Guam
I'm just like you; my right ear is not that good anymore.
@megatron77 you cannot hear out of your right ear?do you have an hearing aid in your good one?
• Guam
@amadeo I can still hear, but the sound is not that clear anymore. Not yet using a hearing aid, but I'm thinking to use one soon.
I don't have a hearing aid, but I've had co-workers who had them . . . I remember most of them had issues with their hearing aids.
@much2say I am not a bit surprised Most people do complain.
@Hate2Iron (7309)
My mom hates her hearing aid and apparently they charged her a bundle for it. She had gone back to her old / cheaper one believe it or not. I'm trying to talk her into taking the new one back...haven't convinced her yet.
@Hate2Iron why is she going back to her cheap one?
My Dad spend five thousand on a hearing aid that never did work right. He just gave up and turned his TV real loud where everyone outside could hear it.
@jstory07 that is terrible.Tell him not to give up.Have he see his audiologist on this?that is not right. Sound tha he does not liked it
@Fleura (6386)
People don't value their hearing until it's too late, they don't realise how valuable it is!
@Fleura yes,I know.But I am talking about cheap aid and the most expensive one.No need for this
I feel bad for anyone who has to deal with this problem of not having good enough hearing aids. If scientists can land a man on the moon, why can't they build decent hearing aids that work properly?
My dad uses them and they don't work so well
@Tampa_girl7 sorry to hear that.Did he look into this to see why?
@amadeo over and over again. He's just had bad luck.
My Dad has had 3 very expensive ones created for him by an audiologist. Dad did not like them and all, kept taking them out, and lost all three. I think each one was $5,000. We have given up on hearing aides since Dad is 95 and will just be uncomfortable wearing them, will take them out, and lose them all over again. I wish there were hearing aides out there that really worked well and were not so annoying.
@Corbin lot of them are very annoying.Most people do not liked them. That is a big cash there for hearing aids
@RubyHawk (21153)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I hear you. I know people who have expensive hearing aids that never use them. They say they can hear better without them.
@amadeo yes, my dad always had a problem with his. My uncle has a problem with his, too my dad lost his once when he was under a car fixing it. When he got back to the house he noticed they were gone.
I don't know much about hearing aids, most of the people I know hear pretty well.