Are you a meat lover or vegetarian?

I am, normally, a meat lover but I am, seriously, considering become a vegetarian. Recently, I participated in a survey that had a video of a slaughter house. Being a Christian and an animal lover, this video impacted me, especially on the treatments of hogs. What got to me was that there was a man taking a baby swine by the tail and slamming its head to the ground. I don't know about you but it impacted me. I understand that many of you may be meat lovers but can we agree that there should be a more humane way to kill these animals? Also, I read a report that they are planning to produce meat with animal cells. Would you be open to this option? Your thoughts?
The only meat I like is lean chicken and thorough-cooked fish (I hate sushi). And I love fruits and veggies. Due to my history with anemia, it's a bit difficult for me to stop eating meat altogether, but otherwise, I could survive just with salads, legumes and vegetarian dishes... I hate processed meats (sausages, salami etc). I hate the smell and fat of pork and beef. Sometimes I can't even handle eating lamb. Yes I agree there should be a more humane way to kill these animals.
I wanted to stop eating meat and so I cut down on beef. I jut can't give up pork skins so that is my down fall. I have not bought pork or beef in a long while. I just seasoned some chicken that will be fried.
@jesroash (763)
I ain't a meat-lover but I'm not a vegetarian either. I'd love to be a vegetarian too but my family just keeps forcing me to eat meat too and maintain a balanced diet. And honestly, I think that is the best thing to do.
I am vegetarian, but I eat fish occasionally.
I'm a meat lover.
@Plethos (9643)
im a meat lover. id be curious as to where that video was filmed, legit slaughterhouses dont kill the animals like that.
I don't remember the organization but I will do a search on slaughter houses and see if they practice humane methods. Good idea.
@Plethos (9643)
@Montecristodog - if its a major one who supplies people like tyson chicken or others, then i would have a problem for it. reputable slaughterhouses do it quick, because of production issues.
I prefer the taste of cheese to meat, but I do eat meat and fish.
@nomus24g (21505)
am hardcore non-veg...