Diary Tuesday 7th March 2017

Photo taken by me – my 2017 diary
Preston, England
Quite an active day today. My voluntary work for the university includes being a Guinea pig for students studying medicine to practice their ability to give check-ups and basic non-drug prescribing tests to. Along with about five other volunteers I was given tests like checks on my reflexes, reactions to tuning forks, walking in straight lines to check my balance, etc. I was seen by about ten students all of who were very polite and friendly though nervous as their tutors were watching and evaluating their performance and patient-handling manner, but it was quite tiring. It was lovely to feel I was helping students who could go on to life-saving medical careers. I did a little essential shopping, and found that the money Amazon Prime took off me for an unwanted subscription last week has finally been reimbursed to my account. Later in the afternoon I visited a friend who is helping me record some of my scripts and we finished off recording a short audio play I wrote. She provided the other voice. One run at it that we had nearly to perfection was ruined when her cat started meowing and scratching loudly at the door to get in and join us. We both thought that was quite funny. Arthur Chappell
I'm intrigued as to how easy it is to talk in a straight line!? Don't you dare edit your post now!
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious sorry, fixed that now - lol
@egdcltd (5587)
It's when you don't talk in circles or use circular logic.
• Preston, England
@egdcltd it's my writing I worry about more than the talking
@Lubuto (2324)
• Zambia
It was quite an eventful day.
That is really worthwhile volunteer walk but I had to chuckle at them making you 'talk' in a straight line.
• Preston, England
@JudyEv oops that should be walking in a straight line - doh! Fixing that no - obviously not writing in a straight line
@arthurchappell It's easy to do - just that some slips are funnier than others.
@arthurchappell Ooohhh. Not good. Just a bit embarrassing.
random cat in the back of the recording, hehehe
• Preston, England
he will be upset that we edited out his big moment @Jessicalynnt lol
@arthurchappell being a cat, I rather think he will find a way to leave his mark
I bet the students were nervous, but so glad you were able to help others by being a guinea pig. The reimbursed money will come in handy too. I suppose kitty cat added to the recording.
• Preston, England
@Corbin5 it was a shame we couldn't write him in
• Bournemouth, England
The cat proves that everyone's a critic.
• Preston, England
I may well write a cat into future scripts @asfarasiknow
@egdcltd (5587)
Cats - total prima donnas!
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
That sounds like cool volunteer work. Much more interesting than wiping tables at the soup kitchen.