A pleasant company at the bus!

@besweet (7340)
Greece
I took the bus to the office today after an outside meeting. I was standing in the front and a nice old lady offered to share her seat with me. She was so kind and I accepted, even though the front seat of the bus fits 1 1/2 persons. I managed to fit my half side on the seat with one leg outside. I only took the bus for 4 stops so it was fine. The old lady started talking about the weather, it was supposed to rain but it was really warm outside and she was wearing too many clothes. There was a museum at the bus route and she recommended an excibition that was unfortunately ending tomorrow. She was excited about it and I wad listening to her story with pleasure. I had to get off at the next stop so I said goodbye and thanked her for sharing her seat. I had a good time on that bus trip and this unexpected conversation was quite enjoyable! Have you ever had a similar experience? Do you respond to people in public transport who are in the mood for conversation?
I talk to people on the bus. You can meet the nicest people sometimes. Some people are really friendly and are just looking for somebody to talk to.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
Those moments that we share with others in the bus can be very interesting. I have had other nice conversations in the past and met very nice people too but this woman was so kind to share her seat and I really enjoyed our chat. I have had some bad moments too though!
@besweet Yes there will always be bad moments too. I have had my share also.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
@Happy2BeMe Even though we may have some unpleasant experiences, it is still nice to have a quick chat and pass the time pleasantly. Do you think you look approachable to othersfor chatting or even for direction questions?
@CoralLevang (39851)
As I love people, I always find interesting people with whom to share a moment or two.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
It is interesting to interact with strangers sometime. Even a quick chat can be refreshing and it can start in the most unexpected way!
@CoralLevang (39851)
@besweet I agree. I've never had a fear of talking to people.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
@CoralLevang It is important not to be afraid of them. I am usually very glad to talk or help someone but I have had some experiences that made me be suspicious of people too. It depends on the person and their intentions, most people are pleasant and just want to pass their time!
I am always happy to chat if someone wants to. It makes a pleasant interlude doesn't it?
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
She was a very interesting woman indeed. It was a nice conversation and she made my day! Sometimes people start convesations and then start complaining about life, politics, etc and I tend to be cautious.
@besweet Yes. Sometimes you can get caught up in a conversation that you'd rather not be in.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
@JudyEv Every chat can make an interesting experience and story, even the unpleasant ones! I don't like talking about politics because I usually disagree and some people are strongly opinionated so I prefer not to get involved.
I haven't taken a bus since I was in 6th grade, but I am quite friendly with strangers depending where I am.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
There is a limitation for cars at the city center over here, cars with odd number at last digit of their licence plates can enter the city center on odd days. The same applies for even days, so we use the public transport a lot when the appointments are in the city. Do you have something similar to control traffic over there? Meeting kind and interesting people is a pleasure! It was a great surprise that made my day!
@besweet No, we don't, but New York City should have something like that, but we have vanity plates. It would also be a nightmare for us to visit friends and family as well as those who work in the city. There is nothing better than meeting kind and interesting people!
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
@DianneN This system is called "Ring" (in free translation) because it is applied in a circular are around the city center. Usually people travel with their cars until the closest subway stop with a parking space and leave their cars there. Then they take the subway or the bus to travel to the central areas. It is a lot of trouble but it works well as a traffic control system. And there is also a big problem with parking space so only the residents can park in some central parts.
@Fishmomma (11599)
I enjoy talking with people on the bus. You can learn about all kinds of events occurring in the community and some of them don't get talked about in the news. The last lady I sat next to was knitting booties for her grandchild. She was so excited, as this was the first boy. She showed me a photograph with two little granddaughters. I told her that is great news, as the baby is due in a month.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
You are so right about the event recommendations, I am always looking for interesting things to do in the city and her suggestion was a good one. You had an interesting chat with that lady too, I have seen women knitting in the bus as well, when theyvare on long routes.
I respond to conversation if I am in "the mood".
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
It is normal to have the need to keep a distance from others when we don't feel like talking. But I have realized that when someone is polite and happy, I don't mind talking to them even when I feel down.
Even if I am not in the mood to talk I will because I won't want to appear rude.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
It happens to everyone, I think that other people can understand if you are not in the mood. I am usually thinking at my own stuff but if someone talks to me, I will take a moment and respond.
@PatZAnthony (11730)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
For me, the conversation with strangers is always fun. They are just looking for a way to pass their time on their trip to home, work, wherever.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
People are usually nice, it is good to take a moment and have a chat if they just want to talk. I have met some who wanted to complain too and I had to change seats after a while so sometimes I am cautious! This woman was so interesting, I would like to have a longer trip and continue chatting!
Yes i've met some interesting people in public. Some very nice, others very strange LOL.
@responsiveme (14379)
I do a lot of travelling on trains and yes we are a friendly people I guess so there is a lot of talk among fellow passengers.