Put Your Foot Down

I am under a tremendous amount of stress. Relax, this isn't a rant discussion-I hate those! But, with working, packing, dealing with the companies that we will use to orchestrate this move I am feeling down. And on top of that I still need to rehome our fish. And last week my doctor gave me some bad news regarding my health, so tomorrow morning (early) I have to drive to a hospital for some testing. This evening my husband texted me asking me to pick up something for him, and I lost it. I didn't mean to but at what point do you put your foot down? I apologized, which in turn meant that he apologized twice to me. I have been crying since before he asked me to do that favour. I'm just so worried about my health and I'm all alone here. So I put my foot down and asked him to step up to the plate. Was I wrong? I'm sorry if this ends up sounding more like a rant, but I'm just at the end of my rope, and there isn't enough to tie a knot.
I am so sorry you're at this point. Sending hugs and good vibes all the way. I do hope you have good news for us after your tests.
Thank you Judy. I am just so busy this week, and everything that is making me busy are things that I do not normally do and are out of my comfort zone.
@Juliaacv These things would really be causing stress at the moment. Hang in there.
@JudyEv I know. Today is a new day so I start fresh and hope that I can get everything done that needs doing.
Dammit darlin', wish I could help ya out.
You do every morning when I read your funny morning salute discussions. I'm just over sensitive because I'm worried about my darned health......
@katsmeow1213 (28925)
Poor thing! I'm so sorry for all you're going through right now. I think you're entitled to a couple little hissy fits! I hope the tests come back okay.. keep us posted!
Thank you. I'm dealing with a very serious health issue, and I'm scared, and of course I haven't exactly told my husband how severe the doctor told me it is. My fault, not his.
@Juliaacv When are you going to tell him? Good luck to you, I hope everything turns out okay! Health is such a scary issue!
@katsmeow1213 I will tell him this weekend. I am a worry-wart and he is too to a certain extent, but he displays it differently. We'll get thru this, it hasn't been my first health issue and he's been my rock thru all of them.
@Morleyhunt (16553)
I made a comment like that to my husband once, I asked him to do something and he told me it wasn't convenient for him to drop something off on his way past....I mentioned how many times I went out of my way.....he told me..not t Me so accommodating.....not a good thing to say to me.....two days later he asked a favour.....I told him it was t convenient...so no I couldn't......he apologized (I did it after all). He suddenly realized how much I was doing.
It must be a man thing. I felt really bad for saying it, but I cannot spread myself any thinner.
@Morleyhunt (16553)
@Juliaacv they are so accustomed to seeing us multitask, that they don't realize how much we are doall ng.
@Morleyhunt I know, but they can do the same thing, probably not as well, but they can try.
I wish I lived closer I would be there helping you out in any way I could. I wish I could give you a hug. It is understandable that you are stressed out and upset about your health and ontop of all that you are working and trying to get things packed along with everything else that needs to be done before the big move. You had every right to put your foot down. Him not being there he doesn't realize how much you have taken on being alone. Hang in there. I am continuing to pray for you. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.
Thank you. I am so scared with the way the doctor put this most recent health issue.....its just really bad timing right now. My husband and I have always worked as a team, but with part of the team living in another city for 5 days out of the week, it is trying. Only 23 more days.......every day I count down.
@Juliaacv Everything will work out
@Happy2BeMe The technician that did my ultrasound was amazing. I am going to call the hospital and let them know how very sensitive and caring she was. She had me almost crying when we joked together.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Well, if he is not being there for you at this time, you do have a reason to be a little upset. Sounds like right now you have a lot going on where you need some moral support from. Will be Praying for you that you can get done all you need to do and for your Health situation.
Thank you, I appreciate your prayers.
@KrauseHome (33368)
@Juliaacv No problem
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm sorry that you're having such a rough day. I really hope things get better for you and aren't so stressful.
Thank you @dodo19 my week has improved. Its just so very stressful trying to finish packing up the house on my own while he is out of town for 5 days a week. Its only 3 more weeks, so I will make it.
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv I'm glad to hear that things have gotten better. It can be easy dealing with the moving and everything else while he's away.
I hope that things will get better for you. All that you are going through would stress anyone out.....hugs to you
Thank you so much Marie.
I'm hoping all goes well with your testing and I'm sure that put you more on edge than all the other stress you're dealing with. Sending along some hugs
Thank you Marilyn I just want this testing over with. I've been dealing with everything else fairly well, although I always feel like whatever I am doing I am preoccupied.
@Dena91 (3687)
No you need help and you need to take care of yourself. Prayers you get some good reports in the days ahead
Thank you. My husband and I have always worked as a team, but with him living away for 5 days a week its hard to work as a team, and I'm so worried about my health, which of course doesn't help. Tomorrow has to be a better day.
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. It's understandable to get fed up and frustrated under those circumstances. And you need that support so I'm glad your husband knows that now. I don't know what's going on with your health, but I'm going to pray for you constantly today and tomorrow, and longer than that if you need it. Try to imagine Jesus putting His arms around you. Because He is near.
Thank you, I sure can use your prayers. You know just what to say. I sent our son a text asking him to be extra nice to Dad as I blundered and got upset with him, he texted me back telling me that another 3 1/2 weeks and we'll be together and this will be behind me but he could understand how I am upset. Now he's a bit concerned over my health, and I didn't mean to worry him. The doctor scared me when he told me I've got what killed my Dad-poor choice of words isn't it? He lacks a good bedside manner.
@LoriAMoore (9966)
There's only so much one person can bear, hence the phrase, "The straw that broke the camel's back"
@sueznewz2 (9384)
• Alicante, Spain
sorry to hear you are stresed and feeling overwhelmed... but like judy..I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts your way... I hope you get better news about your health too...and a hug