Is it right to tell others what NOT to write about here at myLot? No!

It seems the whole world is going nuts....politicians are fighting, people are arguing over any and everything then can. Countries are always fighting each other. Now words are being slung here at myLot. It seems someone, no names will be mentioned here, wrote about a particular topic pertaining to a situation at myLot. Another member read it and thought it was a bunch of 'hooey', wrote a post and made no bones about why that person should not have started that discussion. Hold your horses - this is a site where as long as you don't go against the guidelines you, me and everyone else can start any kind of discussion they/we/me want. If you don't like what someone posted, don't bother reading it, skip over it and move on. Life is too short, get over it. Not everyone wants to read what I post, that's their right. But it doesn't take away my right to post it. Photo from Pixabay
Yes we all have a right to post about what we want. Some people have to try to control things anywhere they go...
This second person usually seems rather quiet and shy so it was a shock.
@akalinus (22180)
Yes, you are right. It is all about control. I don't like something you wrote so I will make you sorry you wrote it. It is a bad attitude.
@akalinus That person sure caused a stink and not a nice one!
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
Laughing dog.
I feel that you should not have posted this discussion.
wise - butt!!!!!
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
@AbbyGreenhill Now you are using naughty emoticons as well.
@Asylum Report me LOL!!!
@dodo19 (34007)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Very well said. We're all different and won't agree on everything. Let's just agree to disagree and move on. If I don't like something someone else wrote, I move on and forget about it.
Right, and that's the way we all should act. Maybe that second person couldn't think of anything else to write about LOL!
@dodo19 (34007)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@AbbyGreenhill Lol. Maybe. Who knows?
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
@dodo19 You are right, instead of complaining about it just move on unless it is offensive.
Oh my goodness, this world is crazy. As you very well say, until we do not break rules here, we are free to write everything we like. Now I am really curious to know who are the fighters.
It's always something....if we all can't get along how do we expect world peace!
@AbbyGreenhill You are so right, this is a place were to be relaxed, but some users love to bully the others.
@LadyDuck Yes, bullying is the right term.
I thought I was the only one to see that. But I was not going to let the moment pass me to say something. Not to mention making another post about it to bully another. What bad message I got from that. I was so sad for the original poster who was just upset. I am very glad to read your post this morning. Good for you. I hope I did not use the word bully wrong but that is how I took it.
I would think many of us saw the two and read them both. It was quite obvious which post it was about.
@LoriAMoore That's why I opted to go with this rather than comment, I believe I've had a go-round or two already with that person.
@AbbyGreenhill I did not see either post I don't think..But I am assuming the two who wrote the other posts will see this one lol
I think I missed out on this. We really are free to speak our mind on here. Of course we should try not to intentionally hurt anyone's feelings
Well, the rebuttal post was intended to hurt feelings that's for sure.
@AbbyGreenhill that's an ugly thing to do.
@Tampa_girl7 Yes it is.
@Gillygirl (17606)
• Sutton, England
I despair of people sometimes. Some discussions may not appeal to others but as long as they are within the guidelines people have every right to discuss what they wish. My experience on the site has been mainly good. I don't know who the author is but it is not their place to discuss why a discussion shouldn't have been started.
Maybe the person will fade back into the wallpaper after all of this. The person could have said something like, I diddn' t care for what she wrote .... that's fine, but you can't tell someone not to write what they want.
@Gillygirl (17606)
• Sutton, England
@AbbyGreenhill I have seen it now and it is so rude and pedantic.
@Gillygirl Absolutely.....
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
Yes indeed well said. We are all entitled to our opinions and what we choose to post. Leave me alone and I will certainly leave you alone, but please don't step on my toes.
Exactly!!! That really got me and I had to get it off my chest.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@AbbyGreenhill And now I trust you feel better?
@fishtiger58 Yes, thanks, I do.
That is one reason I like this site so much. We can rant and rave about whatever we wish. We all have the ability to move our curser on if we don't like one and chose something else instead. I dislike know it alls that think they know the rules and they have to be the only one who knows the rules. Hog wash on that. I have written several posts giving others some ideas about how to do better on here. It is just my idea and not written in granite or anything else. Just my ideas and things that work for me. We all have the right, as you stated, to write about whatever we like.
That's right - if the person had said he/she didn't care for what the person had written, that's fine...but to say that person should not write about such things is totally wrong.
@LoriAMoore I doubt it, just the way that person is maybe. Or that person couldn't come up with a though of his/her own.
@LoriAMoore ......Could very well be.
Exactly.
@AbbyGreenhill Maybe they just don't understand "scrolling is your friend"
@JolietJake So is 'just walk away'.....
@FayeHazel (21431)
That's too bad ... I agree, unless it's against the guidelines -- you can write about what you like. Of course not everyone has to like it, but in that case the have a right to either post a comment, or just navigate away....
It's called freedom of speak - and free will - will I or won't I read it LOL!
@FayeHazel (21431)
@AbbyGreenhill exactly :-) I have the freedom to write it, but you also have the freedom to read it, or not...
@owlwings (39878)
• Cambridge, England
Only the official Guidelines (and the Admin who implements them and interprets them from time to time) really has any authority to tell people what they should not post ... Hang on a minitue, though. Aren't you telling people that they can't post about what people should not post? I think I need another coffee and a quick course in unassailable logic!
To answer your question no but walking a very thin line however.
Totally agreeing with this post here.
Thanks. I just felt like I had to write it.
I totally agree. If the discussion doesn't interest a person they should just scroll on by. Life is too short indeed. We all have enough going on in our daily lives we don't need the added stress.
This is supposed to be a fun place and I think that 99 of the time by 99 of the members it is.
@AbbyGreenhill I do agree with you on that. It is best just to ignore it and keep having fun.
@Bluedoll I do and I know exactly what you mean.
Well written. If you don't like a post move on. No need to tell everyone why you don't like it - or why you shouldn't like it either.
I think that person just wanted to try for more comments than the first post received.
@AbbyGreenhill Quite possibly.
I just skip the ones I'm not interested in.
Same here but this particular one caught my eye or normally I would not have even bothered.
@AbbyGreenhill I wonder if it's the one I commented or a new one.
I silently tiptoed away from that, I got called names and said I was not right for thinking the way I do. I no longer will voice my opinion on THOSE posts, just scroll on past. I aint got time for a one way conversation.
I didn't comment on that post - I was to po'd...decided to write this one instead.4
I absolutely loathe name calling here and it is not allowed
If you do not like what someone is writing about. Than do not go into that post. Pass it by.
Yes, absolutely....there is a lot more to pick from.
@UncleJoe (11276)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, my! I don't think you should have written this post @AbbyGreenhill
That's not for you to say Uncle Joe LOL!
@mysdianait (64058)
No it is not right, unless you are admin here, and that person is not. I am wondering if anyone reported either of the posts concerned. If the second person thought that the first post was unsuitable then they could have hit that button and let admin decide and likewise the same thing could have been done with the second post
I don't think either of them were at the reporting stage - but the second one was nasty, plain and simple.
@mysdianait (64058)
@AbbyGreenhill Those are grounds for reporting it are they not?
@mysdianait No names were mentioned - now if someone said, "MysD is complaining." Then that might be something to report. But if you speak in general terms, like I did in this post, then I don't see a need to report either. If inappropriate words were used would be another case of reporting. The rebuttal discussion was just rude and not necessary.