I Have Given Up

The oak leaves have won. For three days straight, the leaves and the strong winds have been in cahoots. Their dastardly plan is to break me. I have used broom and dustpan to remove those brown oak leaves from my patio. I have used the blower setting on the outdoor blower/vac to blast those the leaves off my patio. I have used the vacuum setting on the blower/vac to suck those oak leaves up. No matter how hard I try, the leaves come back to my patio. I have used the vac-setting on the blower vac that sucks up the leaves and shreds them with sharp little blades. Tomorrow, the high winds will be no more. I will not use broom or blower to get rid of all those oak leaves on my patio. I will use the setting on the blower/vac that will shred those leaves beyond recognition! Revenge will be mine! The oak leaves belong to a tree in our neighbor's yard. Good thing I like those neighbors a lot.
I know how you feel. We have no trees ourselves but they are all around us and the garden and petio get buried under those pesky leaves.
And, your gardens are gorgeous!!!! I have trouble with the leaves being stuck in all the flowering shrubs. The leaves get stuck in the backyard because of the 6-foot wooden fence that surrounds it. The leaves blow in, but do not blow out. The fence if for Molly, so it is her fault.
I do not like oak tree.Why not sure.But you are a good sort there
I never knew so many leaves could come from one tree! If the neighbors cut the oak tree down, I would not be sad about that.
Yes, best thing you can do is just wait for the weather to calm down a bit, soon we all will be complaining it's to hot lol.
I know. Humans always have to have something to complain about!
I give you credit for having such patience. I'm afraid to see what our yard looks like when we go home!
The leaves in front are stuck in the branches of all the flowering bushes. I will have to blast those out of their too. I have given up. The leaves won for today, but they will be destroyed tomorrow.
@Corbin5 If anyone can do it, you will!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Might I suggest renting a herd of goats? Or a gaggle of goats? Or whatever goats come in? They actually use them for fire abatement out here.
Well, once again your response has required research on my part. So, now we both will astound others by calling a bunch of goats a "Tribe, Trip, Drove, Herd, or Flock." I think we should use tribe, trip or drove to impress others!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Corbin5 Hmm. Do I think "Indians" (tribe) or "truck" (drove)? I'm confusing myself already. Or maybe LSD...sigh...
@TheHorse Most likely LSD. We will schedule an intervention soon.
@Gillygirl (15297)
• Sutton, England
It is so difficult to get rid of those leaves. At present I am waiting for new leaves to form on trees as they are still quite bare.
Trees are still bare here, but those oak leaves dropped months ago and just sit there until the wind kicks up. I will destroy them tomorrow.
@Gillygirl (15297)
• Sutton, England
@Corbin5 Gosh ours disappeared ages ago.
@Gillygirl I think it is due to the fact that we have a 6-foot wooden fence around our entire backyard. The leaves can float in, but not out.
@scheng1 (24947)
haha, it seems that you are getting yourself angry over nothing! Just let the leaves be until the weather turns good! No point doing the same thing over and over again, and then get the leaves back on the patio.
Well, if I take care of them a little at a time, then I will have less to do in the good weather. I think my husband will have to mow the leaves in the yard. That will help.
@scheng1 (24947)
@Corbin5 Perhaps when you buy an industrial size vacuum cleaner to suck up all the leaves, both of you will do less work. There will not be so much leaves in the yard too.
@scheng1 An enormous vacuum cleaner could get lots of side jobs too. My neighbors would make me rich!!!!!
I wouldn't have thought leaves would be a problem this time of year. I don't know much about Oak trees but I guess they can drive you crazy anytime of the year with their leaves.
Yes, the leaves blow into the yard, but they cannot blow out of the yard due to the 6-foot wooden fence, installed for Molly of course. Wish I could find a way to raise them up and have then float back over our neighbor's fence. The leaves belong to them and I should give them back.
@Corbin5 you should make them come over and get their leaves
@Marilynda1225 I would if they were not such great neighbors. Darn. If they were bad neighbors, then I would just throw them over our fence into their yard.
@FayeHazel (11863)
That blower vac sounds like a great gadget
It really is. I sucked those leaves up this morning and they are history. However, new oak leaves will be back!
@FayeHazel (11863)
@Corbin5 leaves will be back, and today too , if you're having similar weather as us. We still are having the gale force winds here. Ugh. Cmon, really?
@FayeHazel I was thinking I could dress in black, go out after midnight when they are sleeping, and toss the leaves over the fence back into their yard. Oh dear. That would be evil, but fun.
There are two big trees that are not in our garden, but you can easily imagine where the leaves are blown during windy days. I collect the leaves and I bring them to the bin, there is no reason to blow them back and see them again in our garden after two days. Leaves Ping Pong is not a funny sport.
I do not like leaf ping-pong either. The leaves stick to Molly's fur and drop off her little body when she enters the house. When the weather warms, I will vacuum the entire backyard with the blower/vac. That should do it for a while.
@Corbin5 We had two windy days, the garden is a mess, but until the wind blows I can do nothing.
Blow them back over to their side
Well, we have a 6-foot fence that surrounds our backyard, and blowing them back probably won't work. Molly needs the fence, so I blame her for the mess.
@Corbin5 LOL, poor Molly.
I think I'd be trying to enjoy the leaves - their various shapes, textures - pretending I liked them on the patio. Much less work!
Well, Molly is upset because the leaves land in her outdoor water dish. Molly insists on an indoor and outdoor water dish despite the fact that she has 24/7 access to the house through a doggie door. Maybe outside water tastes a lot better than indoor water.
@Corbin5 Maybe Molly is just plain spoilt!
@ouahab7 (204)
• Algeria
It is better now.
Yes, the high winds have gone, so the leaves are staying put.
• Eugene, Oregon
I get a lot of migrant leaves too. Anne wanted to put them into some flower beds for mulch. I did that, but they would not stay put. I mowed the ones that got back out on the lawn last week.
Yes, I can handle the patio, but my husband will have to mow all that are in the yard. They do have a tendency to not stay put!!!
@RubyHawk (21393)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Our apartment deck is under a grove of trees which i love, but our deck is always covered in leaves.
It is a mighty task to get rid of all those leaves. I will power-up that blower/vac many times to get rid of them all. Nice to see you Ruby!!
You can completely remove leaves from our lawn and 8 hours later it will be covered again..It is a losing battle!
Same here. I have removed leaves all winter long due to the warmer weather, but they always come back!!! I am kind of done!!! The leaves win.
I can totally relate. We have a huge Oak tree
Oh good. I feel better that I am not the only one who has to deal with those leaves. I did vacuum them up with the blower/vac from the patio, but no way can I handle the entire back yard. My husband will have to chop those up with the mower in the spring.
@LoriAMoore (10162)
Oh gosh, that's a losing battle, isn't it?
It is a battle that could drive a person crazy. I did use the vac-setting to suck those things up, but others will be back!
@hostessman (7228)
• Tucson, Arizona
our neighbors leaves blow into our carport all the time however sweeping them up isn't to bad as long as the wind isn't blowing
With the winds, I really was fighting a losing battle. This morning, no wind, so I sucked those things up with the blower/vac. More will return if the wind starts again.
@responsiveme (14458)
Those leaves look so pretty in the photo. Its the windy and dusty time here too.
They are pretty. However, I used the vac/blower this morning and they are history. Oh, but others will return.